Thread: double tap ammo

Default double tap ammo

Anybody have any experience with double tap ammo? Just looking for options in 338 wm. They have reasonably priced ammo, but I haven't heard anything about them in terms of quality, reliability. Thanks

Abe

A know the 10mm handgun fraternity swears by their stuff. No personal experience, but have never heard bad reports on any of their stuff.
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

These are the only pistol loads I will use for defense. It's a little spendy and too hot for target use. I have not tried the rifle ammunition. If it is as good as the pistol ammunition, you will like it.

i sure would like to know how they get their velocities.....ie..375HH 260 accubond - 2900fps????
    375 Ruger Hawkeye...Mice to Moose, Impala to Buffalo....1 GUN.....WORLDS PURSUIT

Default Bad stuff

I had some early 300 nosler part in 375 H&H. After 5 boxes for different lots, they were all over the place. I sent bad 1 box because the tops had been crushed in such a way to crease the brass. I have one box of 350 woodleighs that I have not shot yet. He was good on the 1 box replacement but the ammo seemed erratic.

Ron

Default Google is your friend Vance

Quote Originally Posted by Vance in AK View Post
    A know the 10mm handgun fraternity swears by their stuff. No personal experience, but have never heard bad reports on any of their stuff.
    Mike (owner of DT) apparently has some differences with SAAMI, on a couple other forums there's debate about pressures with DT.

Personally I've chronoed several lots of 10mm and found it similar to older Corbon, that is, erratic velocity.

My only experience with them is with 10mm. The stuff doesn't meet their specs and in my opinion all the talk about them is just urban legend rather than chronographed and tested reality. See my previous post on this topic for details of tests I have performed. I'd go elsewhere.

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...392#post462392