Thread: Goat Milk???

Default Goat Milk???

Anyone know where I can buy some goat milk around Anchorage? I know this is an odd ball request. I wanted to try my hand at making some goat cheese. Thanks for any replys.
    "A dog has no use for fancy cars or big homes or designer clothes. Status symbol means nothing to him. A waterlogged stick will do just fine." Marley and Me

little log cabin on the river

Goats milk sure is good stuff.

I really don't know where you can buy it, but here is a link to some folks that might. By the looks of the website it seems like they mostly sell goats, but I bet if they don't sell the milk too they might know where you can buy some. Scroll down to the bottom of the page for their email and also a local Anchorage phone number.

Hope this helps,
    Grandma Lori
    If God had intended us to follow recipes,
    He wouldn't have given us grandmothers. ~Linda Henley

between wasilla and palmer

There are a number of small time goat farmers in the area but I think you will find a hard time finding one that can legally sell you milk. I think you need a certified kitchen to sell milk for human consumption. And well there are not too many small time goat farmers that have certified kitchens.

Default Milk

The milk would have to be sold for pet food; not human consumption.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Try Matt & Rhonda Shaul in Palmer. They have a certified dairy and aren't cheap. PM me and I'll give their phone #