Thread: WWW.takeasoldierhunting.org is finally here!!

Default WWW.takeasoldierhunting.org is finally here!!

Alright hunters. I am a soldier and trained to hunt people I guess but I have been asked to start a hunting site for soldiers. well we have. I need some ideas and support on how to make it better. Let me know what I am missing if anything. Thank you in advance. Mike

Default lookin' good

Great idea for a site - I wish you all the luck in the world.

Really nice looking site you've got. Only thing I'd recommend is that when you leave your site's web address here and there around the Internet you use text that can be clicked on, like this: www.takeasoldierhunting.org That makes it easier for people that are interested in your site, and, if you look at the web traffic statistics that you should be getting from whomever you host with, you'll see exactly which other sites are actually feeding you traffic and how much (and those are the sites for you to return to most often, to promote your site more).

Also that seems like a whole lot of separate forums - too many? And I didn't see the one I want to read the most, which would contain a post-hunt report by those who were helped by your site.

Keep up the great work, and congratulations so far!

Someone needs to start a separate site called: www.takeaMarinehunting.org

Thumbs up

Yeah, there are lot of forum topics. But might I suggest two,

1. Someone looking to donate time to take a soldier hunting (maybe require them to post geographical area, species, type of hunt etc.)

2. Soldier looking to hunt (also post geographical area, species, type of hunt).

Just thought of a third sidebar topic:

3. Fishing, I am sure there are lots of Alaskan's with extra an extra boat seat willing to let a soldier come along to thank them.

It's a good idea, there a a few weekends a year when my hunting buddies can't go, when I would volunteer time (but I would have to blind fold them until we got to my hunting honey holes)

Good luck with the site.

Thank you for the suggestions. MarineHawk - This site is for you too. You may not be a "soldier" by military definition but to the average person with no military experience we are all soldiers. Our programs are for all branches and all ranks. Last time I checked bullets couldn't tell the difference either. Nor can PTSD distinguish between a JarHead or the Chair Force.... Just playing. I like the suggestions and after I figure out the forum more maybe I will be able to consolidate a little better. I am just happy to finally have it up.

Mike

Just wanted to publically thank HuntNFish for his generous offer with support to help us with our (anything computer/internet needs) technology needs. The vow of support is a very generous offer and he is from Alaska. I also have 10 slots coming up in May for soldiers from Ft Hood to go to Sitka, AK and will be working with a lady from Ft Lewis. Currently we are working with American Airlines to get the soldiers from DFW airport to Seattle, WA. An additional plane ticket of about $511 each will be needed to fly these guys from Seattle to Sitka and back. The trip is a $2,200/each all inclusive trip but we just need to get the soldiers there. Evidentally previous arrangements had fallen thru. If any of you have some ideas please email me or post on here. Thanks again Mike

I would make sure you post this on the www.pristineventures.com
    website as well. And
    www.24hourcampfire.com

hey fisterfam.......I remember mentioning this when you started up takeasoldierfishing.com. Good to see you finally have it up and running.BTW! for the life of me I cant access takeasoldierfishing anymore under my original name as you see here.

Be patient with the TASF Site please... we switched servers and the blocks of saved data are being added in and will be complete shortly. Basically Daniel it says you do not exist yet...lol. All the information is still there it is just being uploaded in order. Thank you for your patience. Mike

Default Help! Who has "an in" with an airline?

Hey everybody,

Who knows a VIP at an airline?

Below Mike is asking for help with transportation for some trips for soldiers to go on a once in a lifetime guided fishing trip to Alaska, and he has no replies or help yet. Help?

Or if you have a ton of airline miles yourself I'm sure Mike would accept your personal generosity as well.

Can anyone help?

Quote Originally Posted by fisterfam View Post
    Just wanted to publically thank HuntNFish for his generous offer with support to help us with our (anything computer/internet needs) technology needs. The vow of support is a very generous offer and he is from Alaska. I also have 10 slots coming up in May for soldiers from Ft Hood to go to Sitka, AK and will be working with a lady from Ft Lewis. Currently we are working with American Airlines to get the soldiers from DFW airport to Seattle, WA. An additional plane ticket of about $511 each will be needed to fly these guys from Seattle to Sitka and back. The trip is a $2,200/each all inclusive trip but we just need to get the soldiers there. Evidentally previous arrangements had fallen thru. If any of you have some ideas please email me or post on here. Thanks again Mike

Quote Originally Posted by fisterfam View Post
    Be patient with the TASF Site please... we switched servers and the blocks of saved data are being added in and will be complete shortly. Basically Daniel it says you do not exist yet...lol. All the information is still there it is just being uploaded in order. Thank you for your patience. Mike

Cool I'll take a shot at the TASF! site later. "since I do exist" lol! Hey I also mentioned to my neighbor about the the TASF and TASH sites as he just moved over to the WTU! Unit at Ft. W.W. and has one soldier that has sharpnel wounds that said he'd like to go hunting, If anyone out there can help out. I will try myself to squeeze him in on our hunt, but no promises here as of yet, as Im committed to other's right now. Daniel