Thread: Time for some spring bou

Default Time for some spring bou

I'm packed and ready to head for the slope in less than an hour. I just ate the last of my sheep and caribou a couple of weeks ago. I even had to buy some pork chops last week. Hopefully I will have some pictures and sweet spring caribou meat by Monday!

Default good luck

hope everything goes like planned and the bou are there and you are able to get some more meat for the freazer.

If you are headed up to 26B, make sure to bring a moose harvest tag as well.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Jerod View Post
    If you are headed up to 26B, make sure to bring a moose harvest tag as well.

..http://www.wc.adfg.state.ak.us/regul...pdfs/gmu26.pdf

Emergancy order in affect for one BULL here is the order http://www.wc.adfg.state.ak.us/regul...9/03-01-09.pdf

it may be difficult finding one in rack yet...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default I may have to make a run

I may have to make a run up their next weekend. Thinking of leaving the Valley next thursday afternoon and driving straight through.. hunt Late Friday, and sat and driving back Sunday or Monday..

Default 'bou makes some...

very tasty teriyaki strips! MmmmMMMmmm, I miss 'bou! Good luck!

Default Good hunt

Well the hunt was a success! There were no animals around the road so it might be tough going for bow hunters right now and there were not many animals off the road. We only saw one herd the whole time we were up there. Luckily we glassed them while they were still a few miles off and made the right decision on where to set up.

The snow is deep and has a fairly hard crust on it making it difficult for the animals to get down to decent feed. None of them had any fat to speak of. We finished up the butchering last night and plopped a loin on the grill while we were working. Life is good!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Congrats on the bou, looks like it was well deserved. How far north did you go? Any moose around?

Default Sweet

Whats the limit? I was considering going this weekend as I have Friday-Sunday off. I could bail out on thursday afternoon and get their around noonish Friday.. hunt friday-Sat and leave early sunday morning and make it back to work for Monday.. Trying to see if its worth the rush. Also, if you take one now, does it count against you in the fall say if you go the end of Aug?

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Hoytguy View Post
    Whats the limit? I was considering going this weekend as I have Friday-Sunday off. I could bail out on thursday afternoon and get their around noonish Friday.. hunt friday-Sat and leave early sunday morning and make it back to work for Monday.. Trying to see if its worth the rush. Also, if you take one now, does it count against you in the fall say if you go the end of Aug?
    your still in the regulatory year hoyt. July- June you can take two now...(if you have not had one this year) and two in the fall... but be out the next spring.. same for your bears... pop one now.. and you can do it again in the fall... but then go with out the next spring...
    UNLESS>>>>>>>>

some hunts ( not many but a few) say calendar year.. Jan- DEC
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here