Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: It's Time To Get Out

  1. #1

    Talking It's Time To Get Out

    The bears are out, it's time to get out and get after them. Hope everyone has a good spring hunt on their calendar. Maybe a good time for a break from the virtual hunts.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  2. #2
    Member TWB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    3,573

    Default

    I'm gettin pretty anxious myself.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

  3. #3

    Default

    Yeah,
    My partner just dropped in a couple hours ago, in his cub. Said he found two dens open. Both in 16B, one on the upper reaches of the Hayes and one on the Nikosena. It's time. But I think a lot around here are concerned with how fast the melt will come on, with the ashfall.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  4. #4
    Member TWB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    3,573

    Default

    I'm still a ways away until I get get into the area I plan to hunt but it gives me plenty of time to get ready.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

  5. #5

    Default Getting real anxious,,,,,,,,,,,

    Very excited, and counting the days. Will be heading North to hunt with Bob Jewett and Roy Roth as soon as I get the call that the dens are popping good. Actually pretty sure I will be hunting 16B. Took a Grizz with my bow in the fall of 01, and cant wait to get back up there to chase a big ole brown with my bow now,,,,,,,,,,,, Wish me luck

  6. #6

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by PlayingTheWind View Post
    Very excited, and counting the days. Will be heading North to hunt with Bob Jewett and Roy Roth as soon as I get the call that the dens are popping good. Actually pretty sure I will be hunting 16B. Took a Grizz with my bow in the fall of 01, and cant wait to get back up there to chase a big ole brown with my bow now,,,,,,,,,,,, Wish me luck
    I think you're right on the location. It is just getting started, but the next couple of weeks it will start picking up. So far, I haven't heard of one being big enough to get after. Usually around April 10th, is a good time to get started looking in earnest, but a big bear can show at any time now. Good Luck.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  7. #7

    Smile me too, maybe......

    I am staring at the boat. Thinking of Prince William Sound, good food, hot black coffee, country music, and searching the coast line for a moving black object. Jigging for rock fish and wondering why time in the outdoors goes so fast. Yes, the bears are comming out!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •