Thread: Up For Grabs: H4831

Default Up For Grabs: H4831

Just cleaned out my reloading shack. I found 10 lbs of H4831 powder that I don't need anymore. It is original war-surplus Hodgdon's powder (not newly manufactured). Two pounds of it is in the old Hodgdon's square cardboard one-pound containers, and 8 lbs of it is in two coffee-can containers. (don't gripe to me about it...that's exactly the way I got it from Great Northern Guns some 25-odd yrs ago...they repacked it, not me, presumably from a much larger stash) Been kept cool and dry all these years...shows no signs of decomposition...it's clean. I used it to load for a 270 and 7mm Rem Mag for years and years, neither of which I have anymore, so I no longer use this powder for anything. Good powder for most 7mm and 30cal magnums. Taking offers via PM. (click on "User CP", then "Send New Message") (send to "Marshall/Ak", not "Marshall"...there's apparently two of us on the forum) Can deliver as far as Anchorage. I'll wait about a week and see who's most interested...

Thanks,
    Marshall/Ak
    Seward

Marshall, I believe "auctions" (even sealed bid silent ones) are prohibited on this message board.
    Rule #7 from the clasifides
    "7) No bidding / auction-type selling allowed. Set your price and go from there. Bidding on auction items makes it difficult for us to determine the appropriate commission, because the final amount paid may not have been posted.".

Not training to rain on your parade, just letting you know before the offers get started & the mods jump in & you have a mess to deal with.
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Let see 10# times $50.00 per pound = Yea that is a little high, but by next year that could be a steal......

Default Sold!

Hmmm, I wasn't aware of the "auction" prohibition. I would have withdrawn the offer upon finding that out, but now don't need to:
    a friend happened by, saw the powder setting there, and bought all of it outright. At $10 a lb, he got a steal allright, but I didn't need it. Probably twice what I paid for it 3 decades ago...
    Sorry guys...

Marshall/Ak

If this is the Marshall I think it is, you've always been known for giving good deals & helping other folks out!
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Quote Originally Posted by Vance in AK View Post
    If this is the Marshall I think it is, you've always been known for giving good deals & helping other folks out!

Yup...I'm the Marshall yer thinking of! I could be saying the same kind words for you too! See 'ya on the other forum...

Marshall/Ak