Thread: Handloading for DLP

Default Handloading for DLP

I've read quite a few thread comments where people wouldn't want to rely upon handloads for DLP. While I understand that the uniformity of commercially available ammo is probably one of its best selling points in this regard, it's also my experience that most things can be made better by hand. Obviously[loading] knowledge and practice are key. Factor in availability of desired ballistics, cost, and I'll take a handload over factory any day... assuming I knew who loaded it (preferably me)!

Quote Originally Posted by Porterwagner View Post
    I've read quite a few thread comments where people wouldn't want to rely upon handloads for DLP. While I understand that the uniformity of commercially available ammo is probably one of its best selling points in this regard, it's also my experience that most things can be made better by hand. Obviously[loading] knowledge and practice are key. Factor in availability of desired ballistics, cost, and I'll take a handload over factory any day... assuming I knew who loaded it (preferably me)!
    I completely agree, I want MY ammo under the hammer when my life is counting on them. I have had many many duds and a couple hang fires over the years that have almost all (over 95&#37 been factory loads. I would not even guess at the number of .22lr duds I have argued with over the years, but not just rimfire rounds!

Andy