Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Riddle Marine 21' Cargo sled.

Default New Riddle Marine 21' Cargo sled.

Wow! Looks like the new sleds might give the sport john's some competition. Has anyone driven one? I would like to see some spec's and pictures of the T-1 bottom 450 h.p. model. The drop bow feature might be cool. Any thoughts.

Any pictures?

I have seen pictures of it......looks like a sportjon....no room to seat four

THe 21' cargo sled seats 5, check it out at the sportsmans show

Default Good looking boat

I checked it out at the show in ANC. It is a good looking boat. 483 bhp with a steel bottom. All for the modest price of 60K or so.

But you get what you pay for. It will out perform all others! And hold its value.
    When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
    '08 24' HCM Granite HD "River Dog"

OK I can't go to the show so someone needs to swing by there and take a bunch of pics then post em up!!

Well here it is...

And.....the video!

60K? Sound like the Outlaw would be a better deal?I think they sell for about the same but it is in Canadian $.

450hp . Even with the T-1 bottom that's got to be a fairly light hull.

nice looking boats...too bad the video wasn't more informative....
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

Quote Originally Posted by elim View Post
    60K? Sound like the Outlaw would be a better deal?I think they sell for about the same but it is in Canadian $.
    I dont think the outlaw came with the scott pump and aluminum v8?

Quote Originally Posted by AK Troutbum View Post
    450hp . Even with the T-1 bottom that's got to be a fairly light hull.
    I was told by the Shlagel marine rep at the show last week, that THAT RMX boat weighed in at "approximately" 2400#... No definate numbers on paper to confirm, that's just what he said. The aluminum 500hp ZR6-7-8-or whatever number Corvette motor it had weighed in at 500# or so. With that new 2 stage Scott pump, it would give you roughly the same 7-8gph that a SportJon will give you but with over twice the HP. A 200 hp Merc sportjet with its single screw pump sitting on a pallet weighs around 390#. That RMX looked like it was built hell for stout and more rigid/braced than any SJ that I've ever seen. Very very nice welding job too..The one guy who test drove that boat told me that with a 4 wheeler and some other heavy stuff in it, when it was loaded heavy, he hit the throttle and it jumped up on step and took off as if it were empty. They were asking 50k for the SJ at Marita Sea&Ski 2 weeks ago while Shlagel marine was asking 59/60k for the RMX. They're asking WAY too much for a SJ and the RMX is just a little too rich for my blood as well, but it's a really nice, well made boat.. If I were to spend that kind of $$ for a boat like either one, I would opt to spend the few bucks extra and get the RMX.

Quote Originally Posted by swampdonkey View Post
    it was more rigid/braced than any SJ that I've ever seen.
    so was the 'spider man' bicycle I just put together for my little boy...lol...are the SJ even considered 'rigid/braced'??

They were asking 50k for the SJ at Marita Sea&Ski
    I laugh every time I hear that...just doesn't make sense

They're asking WAY too much for a SJ
    roger that...lol

If I were to spend that kind of $$ for a boat like either one, I would opt to spend the few bucks extra and get the RMX.
    no brainer there...I agree...lol...I just wish I had an extra $60k laying around.....but don't we all...

Imagine, a boat that has utility and one heck of a fun factor (I assume )...at least the SJ's have one out of 2...lol...

ahhh, back to dreaming about a new boat...
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

You know I'm sure it's going to be a great boat for the proper application, but really 60k. How do they justify that for what your getting? Maybe they don't need to justify anything, but I can't imagine that with this economy they will be selling very many. Than again for 60k they don't have to sell very many.

I dont know, I was a boat builder for a minute once and if you work the numbers we spent to build our boats it went a bit like this:

3K trailer
    15k motor
    8.5k jet
    5k rigging junk (carpet, screws, bilge pumps, batteries etc)
    3K helm, seats, gauges
    4K labor for rigging
    500 windows
    2500 canvas

Pretty quick you're looking at about 18,500 left to buy aluminum, pay the welders, buy welding supplies, pay the rent, buy insurance, pay the phone bills, and buy a spot in the sportsmans show in hopes folks will appreciate the quality of your craftsmanship.

I know 60K is a big number, but the money I spent on my Riddles is some of the best money I ever spent.

And, if you want very similar performance, at least as much durability, every bit as much fun on the water, and a less expensive purchase price, I bought my last SJ from him for 37K and some change....

Chris: you forgot the cost of the cup holders.
    When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
    '08 24' HCM Granite HD "River Dog"

Ya, you factor in the cost of the cup holders and now I can't see how they can afford to sell them for so cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Music Man View Post
    Chris: you forgot the cost of the cup holders.
    I've never been able to afford cupholders! Always putting my money in the jet, or the engine, or the iron!

I know they're expensive Mr Troutbum, but I'm just pointing out that the particular pieces he built this boat with are petty costly to begin with. Like I said, the RMX sportjet models are quite a bit less expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by chriso View Post
    I've never been able to afford cupholders! Always putting my money in the jet, or the engine, or the iron!

I know they're expensive Mr Troutbum, but I'm just pointing out that the particular pieces he built this boat with are petty costly to begin with. Like I said, the RMX sportjet models are quite a bit less expensive.
    No need to get formal (Mr Troutbum) you can call me just plain ol' Trout. The reality is not that the boat is too expensive, it's just that I am too freaking poor (wife would never allow it) to be able to afford one. Riddle does make one heck of a nice boat though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast