Thread: 1 pin sights

Question 1 pin sights

I have been shooting a 5 pin hoyt sight the last ten years and it works ok. I have read alot of good thing about single pin sights and was thinking about switching to a 1 pin sight. here are some what do you guys think ? www.hhasports.com www.sureloc.com www.accu-point.com I only want american made.

I say it depends on how fast your bow is. If your peice is very quick you might wanna try one. My Hoyt shoots right at 300 fps and I use 3 pins. I shoot one pin out to 35yrds, second pin 45yrds and bottom pin to 55yrds. I tried a adjustable site once but it cost me a nice deer, he moved after I was at full draw so there was no chance to move the site. I say stick with multiple pins unless you shoot a very fast bow and only plan on shooting at closer targets. Just my .02

DEAN

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

I use the one pin adjustable.. and love it.. great view window. no confusion and almost unlimited settings..

it will take some retraining on how t use it.. a lot of guys get wrapped up in the 20, 25, 30, yard pins. and don't know how to lead or compensate

If your at full draw you no longer have your range finder up..i know to raise or lower and how much at each yardage.. things rarely sit still it takes lots of shooting and ranging. but i have never had a problem with it... every time i go to a multi pin.... i go back to the single
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default thanks vince

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    I use the one pin adjustable.. and love it.. great view window. no confusion and almost unlimited settings..

it will take some retraining on how t use it.. a lot of guys get wrapped up in the 20, 25, 30, yard pins. and don't know how to lead or compensate

If your at full draw you no longer have your range finder up..i know to raise or lower and how much at each yardage.. things rarely sit still it takes lots of shooting and ranging. but i have never had a problem with it... every time i go to a multi pin.... i go back to the single
    so what brand do you recomend i want low weight american made

Default Cobra

I use a Cobra Easy Slide one pin sight on my BowTech. I can print tapes for it out as far as it is possible to tape them on the alignment side, usually 60 is my max. If I am in a treestand, or ambush sight, I range find the terrain or trails and set it to an average distance. With a bow in the 275 fps and up speed range, 5 yards is not a problem except at the farthest distances.

The key issue is knowledge. You might try practicing at 30, then moving to 25 or 35 without making a change and seeing where exactly you are hitting. Then when in the field you have a better understand of your capabilities.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by ripndrag View Post
    so what brand do you recomend i want low weight american made
    well i have 3 only one still has a name on it.. and it is a vital gear... the one on the left is my first on my old Darton. vital gear in the center, and i think the wifes is a trophy...which is the best view in darker light.. i like the green...
    Last edited by Vince; 06-28-2009 at 18:44.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Use to shoot a HHA. Very good sight.... One pin has it's pros and cons. One pin pro is on;y one pin to look at
    Con is this forget to adjust your yardage and you will miss...... It' happens to the best of us.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default Range Rover

I use and love the Range Rover 1-pin site by Tru-Go. Check it out.
    Marc Theiler

i guess your correct here Gary, but you know i cant adjust that front sight on my rifel either... and still know where to hit...

but i can shoot 40 yrs on 20 yrd pin... and like every thing else on this forum... there will be those that 100% disagree or agree.. rather their needs are met or minds are open... I have a box full of sights and prefer the single pins... PRACTICE..

meet on face book here

I tell people to give things a try. If you don't like it, go back to what you had before.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default I will try the accu-point

I LIKE THE WWW.ACCU-POINT.COM SIGHT FOR A FEW REASONS. first its 100 perecent american made. second its made from solid 6061 grade aluminum. third its mill spec flat black anodized. fourth it is only 5.3 ounces. fifth you can get red blue green yellow rubbyred and orange fiber sixth it has a lifetime warnty. seventh it doesnt have all the mecanical junk wich adds weight and parts to break. at 240.dollars its a littel pricey but in most cases you get what you pay for. i will do a compleet rite up when i get my sight and let you all know how this sight shoot. its the lightest singel pin sight ive ever seen.

Thumbs up got my sight today

i got my sight today and set it up. I shot it at 20 yards GOT IT DEAD ON then i had jason at utah archery center make a sight tape for it. he takes some measurements weighs the arrow enters all this in the archers advantage softwhere and printed a tape. i can shoot out to 100+ yards with this sight and its dead on on the height. it took me 1 hour to get it sighted in perfect. it would have taken alot longer with multi pins. so far i like it i shot it out to 50 yards today and the tape was dead on i will try longer shots this weekend if its not to windy.