Thread: Lack of Reloading Supplies - Mainly Powder

Default Lack of Reloading Supplies - Mainly Powder

Seems next to impossible to find Powder anymore...Anybody guess why?
    375 Ruger Hawkeye...Mice to Moose, Impala to Buffalo....1 GUN.....WORLDS PURSUIT

Thumbs down It's a real mess!

Right now for Alaska it's the lack of enough hazmat shipping to Alaska. I was at great Northern Guns the other day and asked about powder, it seems they have almost a ton sitting on the dock in Bellingham that has been there over a month. I have heard they are not the only ones that have a bunch of powder stuck in transit, there is a heck of a bunch of powder sitting on the docks in Washington.

Powder is trickling in at many small shops now but the amount of people that have been needing powder for months means it does not sit on the racks. The powder makers are running 24/7 in the lower 48 and keeping up now, but I don't know if they are gaining ground or not.

Whats it like in Idaho?

Andy

Tote allows three Carlile containers 100 lbs per container per week...thats 300 pounds a week that comes in. That used to keep up with demand, but now, with everyone freaking out, 300 pounds divied up is nada.
    Its hard though, not to panic....... I keep staring at that jug of 4064 saying to myslef...you will get RL22 again, you will get 560 again, you have plenty of RL15.....

Lesson to be learned here. Been reloading since I was 12 and have learned to always keep the pantry full.
    I am down to my last three cans of powder purchased at the annual "Longs Drug Store" sale. Still have some boxes of Hornady .375 bullets priced under $15. I cringe everytime I see the label on the one pound cans indicating it cost less than $9. Find something your rifle likes and buy a pound or two everytime you visit your favorite gun store. Use the off the wall stuff for offhand practice.
    Currently have enough powder on hand to last me 5-10 years. Hopefully by then the shelves will be restocked!

See you at the range
    Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
    See you at the range
    Only if you sell me a pound of RL-22 and RL-15.

I bought 2, 5 pound containers of RL 15 through Midway...The only place I could find it...That and 100 375 HH brass and 100 270 grain TSX's. That should last me a while.
    375 Ruger Hawkeye...Mice to Moose, Impala to Buffalo....1 GUN.....WORLDS PURSUIT

Default Idaho

How did you get Midway to send it?

Quote Originally Posted by mauserboy View Post
    How did you get Midway to send it?
    He is down in Idaho, all he needs is a $20 hazmat fee.

Andy

Easy, UPS ground. He's in Boise.

Not to hijack the thread guys, but I was just wondering if anyone knows if there are any bulk powder buys/shipments being planned for the ANC area?

I know most of the powder is waiting to be shipped down in the 48, but the guy at Sportsmans today said powder will be~50 a lb when they get some back in.

Thanks,

Jon
    Nurse by night, Alaska adventurer by day!

but the guy at Sportsmans today said powder will be~50 a lb when they get some back in.
    $50 a pound...ROTFLMAO....even Vit powders dont retail for $50 a pound.

Where they gonna get it from? Whos gonna sell to them?

Quote Originally Posted by akhunter3 View Post
    Not to hijack the thread guys, but I was just wondering if anyone knows if there are any bulk powder buys/shipments being planned for the ANC area?

I know most of the powder is waiting to be shipped down in the 48, but the guy at Sportsmans today said powder will be~50 a lb when they get some back in.
    Thanks,
    Jon
    A kid at the Wasilla shop said the same thing to me back in November.

They can put whatever stupid price on it they want but if they don't undersell the little shops with customer service I wish them luck! $50 a pound powder sounds like a good number to use in the Chapter 11 paperwork so stupid judges will sign off on their plan to get back on their feet to me.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Wildalaska View Post

I stand corrected, MSRP on Vit powder (560) is like $51....

But hey, us little guys can discount, SW cant

Hey! Has anybody in Anchorage seen 90 grain Hornandy 9mm xtps? I can't find any anywhere......

I'd even buy from Ken.

Sorry! Bullets, not load ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildalaska View Post

I could see it getting pretty spendy up there...Local shop here in boise just got a huge shipment in Today...Alliant 1# powders were 36.00 and the VIT stuff was in the 40's.

Default Brass

I've been looking for 223 brass - preferably Winchester. Has anybody seen any in town?

I have some mixed 223 brass that I might let go. Gotta go count my stock pile before I commit.