Thread: 2nd & 3rd axis sight do you need it

Default 2nd & 3rd axis sight do you need it

I am looking in to upgrading my sight. not sure if this 2nd & 3rd axis level is something i need. i under stand most sight have the 2nd axis level but not the 3rd. i have read what i can find on 3rd axis leveling but still not sure i under stand what it does for you.

if you guy could weigh in on this give your opinions and info on this thanks
    cheers

Default depends

If you are shooting tournaments such as NFAA events where range finders are not allowed, then the 3rd axis is used on high end sighe such as sure-loc etc.. On a hunting set up, I never saw one that could be mounted to conventional sights..(not saying it cant be done), plus with range finders these days that incorporate the angles of up and downhill shots, you wouldn't need the 3rd axis.. if that makes any sense.

Default 3rd axis

Skipper

I think Hoytguy is a little confused on what hes talking about. You cant blame him though because hes a dumb infantryman. Where your third axis is important is for shooting up and down hills. Where it comes into play is that if your third axis is set properly (that means leveled out at full draw not at rest in a press because of riser twist) it will keep you from missing left or right when shooting up and down hill. You have to make sure your sight level bubble is dead level shooting up and down hill If your 3rd axis is not set on your sight to your bow when your making those shots it will push your shots left and right. Its even more useful and critical when shooting on side slopes or across the slope up and down hill where your mind creates optical illusions as to what is actualy level. Sure-loc makes a leveling device that will set your 1st thru 3rd axis and will attach to most higher end hunting sights. I currently use the Sure-Loc lethal Weapon Max on my hunting sight. Hope that made sense and helps.

Third axis has nothing to do with distance correction. Here is a link to a good article so I don't have to type an explanation. http://www.fastestbows.com/articles/...fly_vol_19.htm

High quality hunting sights will have third axis adjustment. However, most sights and bow combinations are close enough on third axis that it isn't a big deal on shots under 40 yards.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Default I know

AKdoug,

I am tracking, just a bit hard to explain. Didn't know I had to give a 5000 word in depth essay or explainationon a guys response.. I have them (3rd axis) mounted on several of my target bows for shooting 3D targets up and down hills..and for side hill shots..etc... I dont know why you would need one on a hunting set up. Keep the bubble level on your standard sight and you wont have to worry about it.

And as for the dumb @ss who made the comment with one post to his name... Look at my post as to what I said.., If you have a range finder that takes into consideration the angle up or down hill on the shot.. your fine, use your pin, keep your bow level (left to right) and release.. Again, I have never seen one on a standard hunting sight set up.. Plus I never stated one is used or had anything to do with range..

Question does this sight have it

does it have 2/3 axis ajustment? www.accu-point.com

It doesn't appear to.

Quote Originally Posted by akdoug View Post
    it doesn't appear to.
    if you can ajust the level from side to side then does it HAVE THIRD AXIS LEVELING ?

Nope

Default third axis level

third axis is the ability to ajust the sight level on an angle to a level plane while the bow and shoter are at full draw ...so yes this sight is ajustable in the third axis