Thread: Bear hunting in FBKS area question

Default Bear hunting in FBKS area question

I have an issue and I figured that this was a good place to ask a question about it.

Is there anywhere in the Fairbanks area to bait/bear hunt that has cell phone service?

By the time the bears come out, I will be on call 24 hours a day for my job and have to have cell phone service. I really don't want to miss out on hunting this year because of it!

Thanks in advance!

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

you'll be stuck to inside 22 mile elliott, just north of fox on the steece and aobut 24 Chena hotsprings road or south on the parks..to Nenana... but that is a crowded area already
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Thanks Vince. Last time I lived up here we went south on the Parks and off on one of the logging roads. I get service in the area but once I get down by the Tanana I quickly lose it. I want to go out and scout but still too much snow for the ATV. Found that out this past weekend haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    you'll be stuck to inside 22 mile elliott, just north of fox on the steece and aobut 24 Chena hotsprings road or south on the parks..to Nenana... but that is a crowded area already

dude! I've had cell phone reception north of HIll Top also.It's touch and go on service its all a matter of trying and scouting. Good luck on your search.

Have you thought about getting a sat phone?

Default Sat Phone

I have, but just taking a glance it might cost quite a bit to even get a phone. I'm not really going to be making calls out, so I'm not too worried about the cost of minutes. Anyone know where I can find a cheap one?