Thread: Weekend Update...Grem's first ride..

Default Weekend Update...Grem's first ride..

We headed up the west side of the pass, warm temps with marginal snow conditions, plenty of it, just crusty here, windblown there, etc....

First pic was just above tree line...Grem was trying to figure out where he could stash a 6-pack of coors on his new sled..

we didn't notice it on the way up, but an ash cloud was following us up the mountain....shortly after tree-line we noticed the ash in the snow...the ash became more noticeable as we got higher in elevation, we decided to run back down the hill and find some snow in the trees...

here we are trying to decide which way to go...

we decided to cut through the woods until we found a swamp or two for Grem to carve around in...
    I have to hand it to Grem because we took him through some pretty messed up stuff for his first ride...
    Here's Grem and MThayer waiting for me to decide if the little gully I dropped into was a good idea...

turned out to be kind of a dumb idea, but fun nonetheless...Here's a link to a short video clip of MThayer and Grem coming down...Old hat for MThayer, a little pucker factor for Grem...lol

Pic of Grem at the bottom..
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

After picking our way out of the little gully we found a couple swamps for Grem to play in...Having never rode a sled before he did quite well...I was looking forward to the clumsy mishaps that entertain when watching a newbie in the snow, but Grem didn't deliver...Instead he layed S turns like ISH on a north face tit ... I think he said "SShhhooottt, I got this..."... ;D

pull my finger....

We quickly tired of the swamps and headed back into the trees and MThayer took us to a neat little play area, no tracks anywhere and decent snow, just little pockets of fun...

pull my finger....

MThayer...

20 trail miles and 40 boondocking miles later, tired, a little sore...Grem's ready for a beer...
    pull my finger....

Default Great Story and pic's!

Great job and great pic's! Thanks for sharing!
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com