Thread: DLP paperwork and requirement should change

Default DLP paperwork and requirement should change

F&G can't manage harvests if you don't know the truth about actual DLP kills. I don't have a good idea for change, but this is not working. I understand the reasoning is to discourage DLP events.

I think many rural property owners would be willing to call-in and report a DLP, to help with management. And if F&G wanted to send someone to salvage meat, or record data, they could.

My guess is if they knew the true unreported DLP events, they would figure why not have a harvest season every other year......for example on the Kenai Penninsula.......?

I would never fill out a DPL. The reason is it can be used to charge you with a game violation. In fact if you call in a bear or moose that was hurt or dead, the trooper will try to blame you for hurting or killing the animal.

I had to fill out the DLP paperwork last year while hunting on Kodiak. It took a few minutes of my time but it wasn't too bad. I really don't care to do it again. Also, I never spoke one word to any state trooper or whatever. Just dealt with the F&G office instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I had to fill out the DLP paperwork last year while hunting on Kodiak. It took a few minutes of my time but it wasn't too bad. I really don't care to do it again. Also, I never spoke one word to any state trooper or whatever. Just dealt with the F&G office instead.

How would your feeling change if you had to take off work without pay, and drive 170 miles at your cost, using 17 gal. of fuel at $4.15 per gal. now what if it happens three times per summer, at some point you say pay me for my trouble or I ain't reporting.

Must be some thoughts about this.......???

bump.......

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeak View Post
    Must be some thoughts about this.......???
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeak View Post
    bump.......

depends on the thoughts you want.... bump thoughts or ??? most of mine are not G rated so i can only post Half what i want too.....
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Bump it up....as it relates to thread on Black Bear meat.