Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Is Your Favorite Moose Hunting River Or Creek Of The Yukon River System?

Default What Is Your Favorite Moose Hunting River Or Creek Of The Yukon River System?

There are a few great put in and take outs on the Yukon that offer so many navigable creeks and rivers that meet with the Yukon. For those of you bold hunters who choose to hunt this way......what is your favorite creek/river of the Yukon? You don't have to name specific locations.....just share with us what was your most memorable rivers/creeks of the Yukon. Don't hesitate to describe the landscape, the scenery, the wildlife sightings, pictures, and other good times of the trip. It doesnt matter if it was a spike/fork, or a large trophy bull, what matters is the Yukon River system is a remote region full of adventure. Some of you hard chargin folks have already "been there done that", so share your stories here.

Right. And while you're at it, could you please supply GPS coordinates of the best hunting spot that you've ever found.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

LOL eheheheheh.... NOT!
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Take the hint these people are giving you.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Check out the Zipper lip creek, thats where i do all my hunting.

The confluence of Mystery Creek and Wet Water Creek, near No-Game Mountain.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by B-radford View Post
    Check out the Zipper lip creek, thats where i do all my hunting.

I know that one, it is just east eagle, but that guy in the red coat with all the gold trimmings on it... he is kind of a jerk thinks he ownes the hole river from there east, so keep your head down and sneak by him...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default All you have to do is get someplace

You're surely not going to get a answer, but if you can get on the Yukon and find an open creek your good to go hunting. I'd sure share maps of the Prince Williams Sound. Since there is thousands of acres gound to share. don't scare me.

How come it's so hard for folks to find a of place to hunt these days? I hint where the dinosaurs roam and you hafta be part of the group to get any info. Do some research and search this place and you'll have more than you need.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Default At the confluence of.........

Trial and Error :-)

Confluence of Kandik Rv. and Easy Moose Ck.

My best hunting has been right on the Yukon River. You don't need creeks and sloughs. You need moose habitat 1/4 mile off the river and it's a slam dunk.

Default as the locals here say...

"Back dere" & "over dere"

LOL!!!

Plenty of moose on Ft. Rich & Elmendorf, birchwood loop, Point MacKinze...

Default my answer was always

"up north of here."
    Gary

I'd just go up and do it. You'll never really learn unless you try things first hand.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Default Memory Creek...

The best place i've ever been. The experience of running the Wild Hoof River is breath taking. Getting up first thing to go relieve myself in the crisp morning see and hear the rustling of the fallen leaves and the breath taking view of "Large Rack Valley". (Then I woke up).

Quote Originally Posted by gogoalie View Post
    "Back dere" & "over dere"

I thought it was round the bend and over yonder You told me the wrong spot !
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Cantmember Creek.....
    ... aboard the 'Memory Maker' Making Memories one Wave at a Time!

quarter mile past that big bend in the river by the big rock... then up the slough... the muddy one, and watch for the tree... then your almost there...

I just save my gas money and hunt in Denali. I have the shuttle bus drop me off when I see a big one and wait for the tourists to drive by before I wound one and chase it all over creation as it bleeds and stumbles for miles.
    Tennessee

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast