Thread: Tripod

Default Tripod

I am looking for a good compact lightweight tripod for my new Leica Televid 62. Any suggestions? Being light is my first concern, being sturdy is my second.

AKshawn

My suggestion would be that sturdiness be your primary concern and lightweight be secondary. A lightweight tripod the bounces at the slightest breeze won't do you much good even with a quality spotting scope.

Do you remember the Crown Royal bag o rocks trick. Buy a lightweight tripod and fill the bag with rock while you're setup hang from the middle, it will help stablize a lightweight unit and only cost you an ounce or two.

Default velbon

This one works well. Velbon Ultra Maxi SF. I've used it for my televid 77. Lightweight and very sturdy.
    Art is making something out of nothing and selling it.
    - Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by Alasken View Post
    This one works well. Velbon Ultra Maxi SF. I've used it for my televid 77. Lightweight and very sturdy.
    I have this same tripod and it is lightweight (2 pounds) and very sturdy. I also like how small it folds up (14") and extends to (60"). I also like how much faster the twistlock legs are to operate than the flip lock legs. Works great for my Ziess 65mm spotter anyways.

Default Sturdy...

Lanche,

Maybe I should have been a little more clear.... Both being sturdy as a second concern was a very close second. I sure a heck dont want to buy a worthless piece of crap. I once when young owned a worthless tripod that bounced all over the place and dont want the crap again. Thanks for putting me in place, you always give me good advice.

AKShawn

Quote Originally Posted by AKShawn View Post
    I am looking for a good compact lightweight tripod for my new Leica Televid 62. Any suggestions? Being light is my first concern, being sturdy is my second.

AKshawn

This is the one I settled on since the wife said no to carbon fiber (LOL) http://www.cameralandny.com/tripods/...hcountrytripod
    I spoke with the guys at Camera land about it for the Leica 77 I just purchased. I'll try to report more once I get it but should make for a good/lightweight sheep setup hopefully.