Thread: Yentna river

Default Yentna river

The Yentna just below Skwentna yesterday. River was rock hard and hard on the hi fax. We were running fan cooled sleds.

Snow looking little dirty in the picture. Is that ash there? Hows the Hi Fax holding up to that stuff? Thanks for the Report.

Ran up to Bulchitna Lake this morning. The ash really started about 5 miles below the mouth of Lake Creek. Didn't have great visibility today with clouds and snow making for some flat light but still managed about an hour each way to the mouth of Lake Creek from Nancy Lake. River was pretty smooth except with the unexpected pressure ridges snuck up on a ya when the light was flat. The ash is starting to make for some rotten snow though. Great run though. Just wish it was sunning today like it was for PA18Tony. Would have made the sub hour trip from Bulchitna Lake to Nancy Lake given the better light. Oh well maybe next time.

That is ash. Would not have driven in it but once you go up ya have to come down! That is the last trip this winter on the machines. Dont think i will go back until the lake gets wet. called Skwentna yesterday and the snow that has fallen had melted showing the lovely ash.

Default down the yetna today

came down from fish lake creek area and the river was in great shape, untill just below luce's. there is a few inch's of fresh snow above luce's. i seen people still hauling freight up the yetna. it was 16 this morning and the river was hard. a little more snow, and could be roaring back up the river, untill the next ash blast

Great shape until get below Luces, Then what ? Ash? hard ?Bumps?Tell us more!! Thanks for the report..

Default report

sorry about that. ash. if we get a little snow and it stays cooler, you will still be able to go up river, on the packed river trail. i would not go venturing
    off trail as then your digging up ash and getting it in your rear suspension, and then you have no slides, not to mention what it will do to every thing else. morning is the best time to travel as the snow is hard, and afternoon the snow softens up and you chewing up ash again.the river below luce's to the big sue, then up river to rolly creek trail, has the most ash in the snow.

1st picture is below lake creek
    2nd picture is right before rolly creek trail off the big sue
    Attached Images Attached Images

Oh boy! I see< Great pictures< Thanks for the report