Thread: Title? I dont need no stinking "title"

Default Title? I dont need no stinking "title"

It just happens that I sat here for 3 minutes thinking of a title, but what better than Pix of yeasterday/today? Still can't think...

Went looking for Fur, saw only Red Fox and Caribou....sooooooo, I caught a couple Females, and called it a "Day" Not bad, not bad....both fat enough and I was happy

Kotzebue was close and it was getting dark, and I ended up sleeping over.
    Went to the Kotzebue gunshop and talked waith Dan for a couple hours and noticed some most excellent Win made 12gauge#2 3'mags for 20$ a box
    Traded one for a tank of gas and gave one to the Bro-n-law, and slep over.
    Lost my Knife/belt in OTZ on the road somewhere, as the fell from an unzipped pocket on my travle bag...

Got up today and did it again, on the way home...~~LOL!!!~

I cut an EXCELLENT set of 3 Wolves running together's tracks, but came to 2 snowgos tracks about 5 miles later , and they were on them....Cant get 'em all.....but there is tomarrow.. Sunny, -7 and little wind, I hope it holds.
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Default Yeah!

Nice job Stranger. I'm living vicariously through your stories.

Default Nice job and..

kill a few wolves for me. There playing h@#& with the elk population down here in N. Idaho, and were not allowed to touch em
    LIVE TO HUNT....HUNT TO LIVE!!!!

Shuks, didnt even go anywhere today~LOL!~

The rig wouldnt get "Power" about 30 seconds after speeding up, it would suddenly die. Wasnt overheating though.... Took us about 4 hours of going over and cleaning ,before I drove on a nice flat place and lifted the hood and watched the translucent fuel hose.....Bubbles. The filter was cracked and bleeding air into the fuel line and killing the engine..~~LOL!!!~~30 second fixx.
    It is late in the day, so the kids are off with the Ride doing Rabbit drive by's till dark.

Supposed to get a bit of snow tonight and light winds tomarrow,but they are predicted to get gusty, so well see , with bright light and hard snow everywhere, clouds/flurries,..... "whiteout "driving is for the crazy......theres always something to do at home

Stranger,
    You're a good story teller, I love to read and I do enjoy reading your stories. Since you're always looking for ways to hustle some $$$ you might consider writing for the different outdoors magazines, I was thinking of Fur Fish & Game for instance. You could probably do it over the internet. I realize that some of your writing needs work (spelling punctuation etc), but that's what editors are for.
    Steve

I'm always looking forward to your post.
    In all serious you should keep a n account of your life and eventually write a book basically unedited just the plain truth good times and bad.
    Many people dream of what you are doing and the books about the old timers sell this I know because I have bought many from here and canada too.

Yours living in the bush with close ties to the natives and there way of life would be especially interesting to me at least.

Quote Originally Posted by starmac View Post

Yours living in the bush with close ties to the natives and there way of life would be especially interesting to me at least.

Yep, me too!

Welll thank you much!

I guess I'm gonna have to add a chapter now...
    What can I do? the weathers getting good and Im off this afternoon tward the West and Beyond....an hopefully return with pix, as my bro inlaw is with me today.

I would read that book, I too enjoy your stories. When can I get a copy?
    LIVE TO HUNT....HUNT TO LIVE!!!!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by bigswede358 View Post
    I would read that book, I too enjoy your stories. When can I get a copy?
    Yup, do it Stranger, I want an autographed copy... you and the family... pics too... lots of pics

Default I have an idea

Quote Originally Posted by strangerinastrangeland View Post

I guess I'm gonna have to add a chapter now...
    A great opening chapter of your book should be "Kevin finds happiness in AStrangersLand". Of finds fossils. Or finds game. Or finds a big shee. Or finds his calling. Or finds....

You get the idea, I'm full of them.
    Or it...

Kevin
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it

Shot these yesterday on my wanderings in the afternoon.

Almost too easy.....3 shots as all, but the camera fell over insted of catching the "Action"....I shoulda took one of my Camera Girls.....3 decent Caribou and my sled was full.

Caught up to my brotherinlaw who was out ahead of me scouting the good fishing holes.....

The three Fish on the sled were gonna takehome, and whatever he comes back with today...wish I had my fishing stuff....maby tomarrow....but who knows...~~LOL!!~~