Thread: Raingear for kids

Default Raingear for kids

I would like to get my kids some decent rain gear this year. I haven't been able to find any HH Impertech or Marmot Precip for the kids. What are you guys using or recommend?

Kids like to jump, fall, slide down rocks, push each other, pull each other, play with the camp fire, climb trees, chase each other, ect............

Get where I'm going with this? Yeah......buy up a bunch of used raingear from craigslist, ebay, and check out the second hand stores. My children go through raingear like you wouldnt believe. They don't care it it is a 100 dollar set.......or something used. They will destroy it, outgrow it........or both. I'm all smiles right now remembering my son ripping the ***** out of his brand new raingear and him and the other kids laughing hysterically about it. I should have been more patient with the little fella and not have scolded him for ruining his rainpants, it was a family "camping trip" it should be time for fun and nothing but.

Quote Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak View Post
    Kids like to jump, fall, slide down rocks, push each other, pull each other, play with the camp fire, climb trees, chase each other, ect............Get where I'm going with this? Y

Got it, thanks.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

100% agree, iwht the kids bit,, but it is a chore to find nay real good gear for htem .... and then they grow out of it when you do.

my daughter does not have an issue wearing one of my coats when it is time to go out. some tape on the cuffs and a rope around the belly sucks up all the loose ends so she can..
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

If they are riding on a machine, get a contractor trash bag cut o hole in the top for thier head and gwalla yo have a poncho

I have had really good luck with the mad dog stuff for my boys. If we are fishing they have waders and those on. If hunting pants and coat.

they are 8 and 10

B&J's has Grundens(sp?) in kid sizes.

try frogg toggs on ebay
    BONEYARDBAITS THE BEST HALIBUT, ROCKFISH GRUBS ON THE PLANET....''06'' WORLD RECORD LINGCOD ''08'' HOMER HALIBUT DERBY WINNER''. BOTH FISH CAUGHT WITH BONEYARDBAIT GRUBS WWW.BONEYARDBAITS.COM

B&J's carries Columbia raingear sets for kids. Lasted all summer
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    B&J's carries Columbia raingear sets for kids. Lasted all summer
    I second B&J and the Columbia. Both my kids wear it and my daughter can get something in a more "girly" color. She likes that.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

e-bay or craigs list. You can get as nice stuff as the pocket can handle. The good old fashion rubber stuff held up best with mine.

My kids ate up their Columbia pants in one outing, but the coats lasted all summer. Grunden pants were simply the best. My older two kids (13 and 12) have MadDog camo pants and coats from Sportsman's Guide and they work really well for what they are.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem