Thread: Am I the only one

Default Am I the only one

or have others noticed alot of spammers lately? Is it really people doing this or a bot? And could this be a problem that needs some tweaking with the new system the site runs on?

Default spammers

Quote Originally Posted by dandeo2003 View Post
    or have others noticed alot of spammers lately? Is it really people doing this or a bot? And could this be a problem that needs some tweaking with the new system the site runs on?
    We are constantly bombarded by spammers. It's been this way for a long time. We really appreciate everyone's help in pointing them out so we can zap them. We get most of them right away, but sometimes they slip through. I had one today that posted in eight forums before the long arm of the law found him.

Thanks for the question!

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Unhappy spammers

I have seen "online jobs" posted on the Internet for humans to solve "CAPTCHA"s where the winning bid was 38 cents per hour - it was from India.

Translating geekspeek into english, it means someone in this world is paying a (or a hundred? or a thousand?) person(s) in India 38 cents per hour to do things similar to establishing an account here on AOD and posting their employer's spammy commercial posts here, and Mike is responsible for removing them one by one.

Ugly situation.

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    Mike is responsible for removing them one by one.

Ugly situation.
    Nah. Mike farms the dirty work out to us underlings.

(Kidding...Mike does a lot of the dirty work as well. I guess he hasn't figured out yet that as owner he can sit in a hammock on a tropical beach and drink fruity drinks with those little umbrellas.)