Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your Favorite Gun/Ammo Store?

Default What's your Favorite Gun/Ammo Store?

Looking for opinions on what is your favorite gun store is and why?

Smile Best guns/ammo store

Boondocks in eagle river...best bang for the buck

+1. Boondocks in Eagle River for me as well.

Default Great Northern Guns

On many new guns, they have well below retails prices. A lot of people think their prices on used guns are high, but they are willing to deal, so that negates the situation. During this latest supply/demand/ problem, they have kept the price of powder consistently low, when it is available for sale.

Gator Guns in Kenai.

Default Who's the old guy...

that ran his out of his garage, near Northern Lights? That guy had some screaming deals...

Alaska Shooters Supply.

+3 Boondock, good folks, good prices, interesting selection

Default Money talks

I go where it is the cheapest. Last year I got a lot of ammo at Fred's with their 20% off coupon. Not the best ammo, but for plinking with a .22 or spending a few weekends at the range it worked just fine.

Default favorite shop

I have been happy with Great Northern Guns. Every time I go in there, it is always busy, but I have always been greeted and asked if I need any help, no matter how busy it gets. I like Boondocks too, my only complaint is the cash only thing, I wish they would catch up with the 21st century and take plastic.

Jake
    All the romance of trout fishing exists in the mind of the angler and is in no way shared by the fish.

Another vote for boondocks. They always have something interesting on special, pretty good inventory and they don't talk down to you like many of the other gun shops.

Boondocks. They will order anything I ask them to and will receive guns for me with no hassles.
    Tennessee

Default Boondock's

Most credit card companies support anti gun legislation. So, I would bet that is a factor in why they do not accept credit cards. Been buying stuff at Boondock's since the early eighties and have found that they have the best prices.

Default GNG & Boondocks

x2 what Mauserboy said. GNG has a great selection of new/used firearms and reasonable prices. I like Boondocks too for guns & accessories. Excellent service and knowledgeable help at both places. I like Gun Traders too..close to home and good reload selection.

Tim

Since you didn't say location, I've been buying most of my guns through Williams Shooters Supply in Quincy, Illinois for the past 20 years.

Why? Because they give me the best deal.

Well I have purchased 3 rifles in this last year all from Boondocks as well. So I guess I'd have to say they end up with the majority of my firearms purchases as of late.

Default Fine Folks

Boondocks is first on my list follwed by GNG. Boondocks, as noted before, will order anything and only ask for a small deposit. I have bought new and used there and they have done firearm transfers for me, helped me decide when faced with several options.............without leading me one way or another, just point out what's different about each.

Good people

Thumbs up Brown Bear Gun Shop....

I guese it is the Brown Bear Gun Shop and Museum on Tinker Lane in Kenai. David Thorton is the owner. He is an old time Alaskan who has done lots of hunting. He has a neat log building full of old interesting stuff and a few dead critters, the wood stove smells good. He still puts together a rifle for himself once in a while and leans towards Enfields, Mausers and older big bore calibers. He is fairly small scale as it compares to a big store and I am sure Anchorage will beat his prices. Before his health gave out he spent many years going to India in the winter months and building housing for orphans and widows. He paid his own way over there and worked on a volunteer basis. He also believes in Jesus. His place is close to me. When I add all this up I appreciate having a neighborhood gun store with such a quality person running it. I know it will not last forever. I better grab a grandkid and go see him tomorrow.

Impact Area in Soldotna, good prices and no BS.

That are still in business? GNG, Mountain View, forget the others.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast