Thread: HEY learn somthing here...

Post HEY learn somthing here...

scored 5 lbs varget powder!! cause that is all he would sell me! in seattle wa... no box ..cant ship ..not boxed rite......found a place to box it... off to lynden to ship....it beats me to town ..over the road..... powder 5#......$ 120.00 , crateing/box up rite 115.00$ lynden calls me powder in fbks to pick up .....for ....sit down now ....208.00$ I AINT even added it all up yet !!!!! my mine is blocking it and i the wife don't know.....
    WHEN IN DOUBT> THROTTLE OUT.......

?? Am I following this right...you paid $120 for the powder, boxing (could you describe the boxing?) was $115, and then shipping was $208 from SEA to FAI.

yup.....haz matt packing 115$!

Help me through this. What kind of "box"/packing costs $115? It's been a long time since I've gotten powder, but it came in a cardboard box with cardboard dividers, 4 - 8# kegs to a box; nothing fancy. Could you have packaged it yourself?

The shipping fee...was that per shipment or did they charge per weight?

Thanks for the information.

it needed all contact info ,stickers.msds sheet cotact info..... yes it was as bad as it sounds.....

The shipping price covers up to 50 pounds of powder, not counting packing weight. Sounds like they shipped yours by truck, there is an up charge for that over the sloer barge shipping.

The packing is the same as the box the shop got it in with the stickers and hazmat class ID, the shop should have given you that box so you could put your address on it.

Sorry you found this out the high priced way, just tell the wife it's worth it in todays powder market where no one has any in stock.

Andy

Thanks for the information. I was thinking I could just send powder/primers/ammo via Lynden. Now I'm aware of being very careful on how it needs to be packed, etc.

Andy, if you've shipped by barge, how & where did you pick it up in AK?

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardC View Post
    Thanks for the information. I was thinking I could just send powder/primers/ammo via Lynden. Now I'm aware of being very careful on how it needs to be packed, etc.

Andy, if you've shipped by barge, how & where did you pick it up in AK?
    Picked it up at Lynden's yard behind Alaska Mine & Dive, 3027 Rampart drive in Anchorage. Been there 3 times for hazmat stuff now. I have had no trouble at all but I have always answered the phone when they call. I wonder if I had not picked up the line and seed I want it barged what they would do. Sounds like they would have just put it on a truck.

Andy