Thread: Maptech aerial photos

Default Maptech aerial photos

I have a AK maptech and I have not yet activated my 1 year free photos.

I was curious, is it realistic to activate it and save all the photos for AK on a few dvd's? I have no idea how much this would entail (download all and then save them) so if anyone has attempted this for a large area (or all of AK) please let me know.

Thanks, Don

Palmer, AK

My office uses this software and I've tried to get the photos many times. I don't know if it is a network setting or what, but have had nothing but problems. As far as I know, not even the survey department has been able to get the photos. I've had the software for another state and I was not impressed by the photo's available, there were better ones on google maps.

If you are able to get the photos, it would be worth backing up and it'll take a few DVD's. You'd get a few years of use as they are only updated every couple (5-10) years. Be aware that 90% of the photos are only over populated areas, you won't get much after 30 miles from a large town (unless they've updated that since the last time I looked)

Just my 2 cents. Good luck.

Good info, thanks, I have had trouble getting pics for USAphotomaps (in several areas) too. That stinks, I was looking forward to using them.

Ah well.