Thread: Silver Salmon Flyout Trip?

Default Silver Salmon Flyout Trip?

Which river and air service would anyone recommend for a fall flyout for silver salmon. Best overall river for numbers of fish, and the least of amount of competition. Lot's of other people would be a bummer on a trip like this. I was also thinking the Nushagak would be a good place for silvers. I was looking at doing a flyout trip there for kings and realized they get a lot of silvers also. I was thinking Chuit, lewis, wolverine or one of those off hand.

The Kvichak River on Alaska West Air out of Kenai.

Give Jim at Trail Ridge a call. He'll recommend and then take you out to where the silvers are running the best at when ever you go. We went to Lake Creek last year and had a great time. www.www.trailridgeair.com

Default No lack of people

If you do not want to be around people then I would rule out Lake Creek. Lots of folks around when the silvers are running.

ClearCreek

Quote Originally Posted by ClearCreek View Post
    If you do not want to be around people then I would rule out Lake Creek. Lots of folks around when the silvers are running.

ClearCreek
    You're right, on the week ends. I've been out during the week and although people are still there, the pressure is a lot less. And of course there are other options.

Quote Originally Posted by doris564 View Post
    How to use lace wigsThis leaflet is designed to help you put on your full lace wig securely andhelp you take it off with out damaging the wig or your face!Preparing the lace human hair wigs the underneath the wig (if there is any!) is like building foundations for a house because it will give you a solid base to pin the wigs on to. This can be done by wrapping long hair and using pin curls, crossed grips, clips or even a bandage. Covering this with a stocking top, which is also pinned on, will give you extra security.Put the wig on with help by getting the wearer to place their fingers on top of the lace whilst the assistant pulls the fashion wigs down at the back. (Placing your fingers under the lace and pulling forward may cause the lace to tear). If on your own bend forward and pull thewig on like a hat. When adjusting it, please do not use the lace front wigs to pull the wig around as it may stretch or tear. Use the thick seam near the ear.

sent you a PM

Klickman

Quote Originally Posted by SalmonMan View Post
    Which river and air service would anyone recommend for a fall flyout for silver salmon. Best overall river for numbers of fish, and the least of amount of competition. Lot's of other people would be a bummer on a trip like this. I was also thinking the Nushagak would be a good place for silvers. I was looking at doing a flyout trip there for kings and realized they get a lot of silvers also. I was thinking Chuit, lewis, wolverine or one of those off hand.
    Why don't you consider going the other direction....towards Cordova / Yakutat. They get a TON of silvers and both towns have air taxis that offer 'fly out' trips to some very remote streams.

A good one is Yakutat Coastal Air ...they can fly you out to a multitude of 'remote' streams for arguably some of the best silver fishing in the state...http://www.flyyca.com/

...Just a thought.