Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Trail Report W.P.C. Willow AK. 3/25/09

  1. #1
    Member Trail Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Willow AK.
    Posts
    605

    Thumbs up Trail Report W.P.C. Willow AK. 3/25/09

    Ok Guys! It's the Last Week in March. Grab the wife and monsters and all the gear and git out to Willow!!!
    Snows Deep,Temps Warm and it's Spring in Alaska! NO ASH HERE!!! Groomed over 400 fleet miles this week putting Snow Flakes in there place!!! The trails are in great shape! Still whatch for Idid-a-idot fire pits on the lakes. And the rivers are good to almost to Lake Creek or north to past Trapper Lake and Hatcher Pass is awesome!!! And don't forget that now is a great time to hit Mt. Sue.!
    Long Days, Great Snow, Now is the Time to get out and Ride!!!
    Hope to hear from you, or see you on the Trail!!!
    The Big Swamp in the lower end is unreal!!!
    Trail Boss
    Willow Trail Committe
    ALASKA'S Winter Park Cabins
    To boldly make trail where no man has gone before!!!

  2. #2
    Member Trail Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Willow AK.
    Posts
    605

    Thumbs up Still good!!!

    Well Willow still has NO ASH! but temps reached 43 this afternoon, but in the low 20's at night!
    Great Riding!!!!
    Trail Boss
    Willow Trail Committe
    ALASKA'S Winter Park Cabins
    To boldly make trail where no man has gone before!!!

  3. #3

    Default

    Out on the river and in the shade, two different thermometers read 54 F. Some overflow showing. Could get ugly real quick if it continues. The trails are really soft and showing water in the bottom of the deep trenches. Couple of creeks busted open. Otters coming out on the edges and laying around. Actually saw one muskrat in the middle of a swamp. It is definately winding down.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  4. #4

    Default

    Hows the snow on the Willow side of Hatchers? We are headed there tomorrow morning.

  5. #5

    Default

    An update on the Willow and Big Swamp area would be nice. Thinking about heading there tomorrow, but not if the snow is all slushy and there is open water.

  6. #6
    Member Trail Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Willow AK.
    Posts
    605

    Thumbs up Sat Morning

    All still good out this way. Got down to 20 last night. NO ASH!!!
    Hatcher Pass is still in good shape!
    Trail Boss
    Willow Trail Committe
    ALASKA'S Winter Park Cabins
    To boldly make trail where no man has gone before!!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •