Thread: Removing boat covers -When???

Smile Removing boat covers -When???

When are you guys that have covers/tarps on your boat going to take them off? Last year, I removed mine and it snowed the next day.

Myers, please remove it today. Then it will snow tomorrow, and we can get that last snow fall out of the way !!! Then it's onto Spring !!!

You would be "taking one for the team" !!

AkBillyBow
    2007 Glacier Bay Cat 2690 Coastal Runner, Twin Honda 150's

Talking

I have been known to control the weather.

Default I did mine when I got home from work a week ago.

Billybow get back to work.

Talking Everyone Chant!

Quote Originally Posted by AkBillyBow View Post
    Myers, please remove it today. Then it will snow tomorrow, and we can get that last snow fall out of the way !!! Then it's onto Spring !!!

You would be "taking one for the team" !!

AkBillyBow
    Sammy, Sammy, Sammy...........Come on Sam, uncover the scow!
    We never really grow up, we only learn
    how to act in public

To flyfishak30......Silence punk!!! I was on my lunch hour!!!

I think everyone should uncover their boats so we can get that snow fall over and done with. Then we can hit the water !!!

AkBillyBow...going back to work!!
    2007 Glacier Bay Cat 2690 Coastal Runner, Twin Honda 150's

I uncovered mine for the Anchorage Fur Rondy parade the day before the parade and it snowed almost a foot that night! Never fails. The tarp is back on... For another couple weeks anyway.

Lightbulb Ash fallout

Not wanting to put a damper on you guys pulling the tarps off all those boats, I am as ready as the next guy....but...I think I will keep mine on a while longer while Redoubt is still burping.

My boat is uncovered already, it is just starting to snow a little bit now too, if it looks like it is going to start to pile up I will go pull the tarp back over it, it only takes 5 minutes

Angry **** Boys....

We need better communication. We did not intend on everyone uncovering at once!!! There was supposed to be a sacrificial uncovering... What happened?

This snow sucks!!!

Well if you live in Anchorage and you're worried about ash, you'd better be covering RIGHT NOW 'CAUSE IT'S COMING DOWN OUTSIDE AS I TYPE .

The extra 18"s of snow I rec`d in the last 2 days will keep mine wrapped for a while yet.

I have ash on my tarp. Just 'thinking' about uncovering, stuff fell from the sky! On tarp removal day I'll gas up the snowblower.

I never cover my Sea Sport. The way the chinooks blow during the winter and spring the tarps just cause more damage than a little snow or ice might.
    Open aluminum boats I cover, fiberglass just gets a good coat of wax before going into storage.
    That being said I doubt I will remove the cover off our Wooldridge till mid-end of April.
    Tennessee

I have birch tree leafs falling that would fill it. I hope to build a bow-frame shed for it this summer. Someone gave me the link to Stimson Marine to order the plans, I apologize can't recall who, but thank you for the tip!

I leave the bow of my boat open, but I had Buster's build a slant back out of a material that just sheds the snow. The best part is that I can put the cover on and off in less than 15 minutes by myself, and it keeps the back of the boat more or less clean. In the neighborhood of $800 . . .

I also keep engine covers on the OB's, cuts down on the ashfall cleanup

Sh

Default just cut the shrinkwrap off...

took off the shrinkwrap and took a look around making sure everything was still intact. what a wonderful feeling, like seeing an old friend after a long absence....

Pulled mine last night. Had to shovel 4' of hardpack from in front and 2-3' around and 2' off the top but it`s free! Took off the shrink wrap and all is dry and well. It`s now posted for sale.

http://www.alaska4x4network.com/showthread.php?t=39590

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/boa/1108509710.html