Thread: dog eats snow

Default dog eats snow

I am posting this here thinking that many of you keep your dogs "outside". I have a lab that is a house dog. Like any ab she loves being outside. She loves to go outside just to eat snow and roll around in it and I am worried about the possibility of ash fall. How do you "protect" your dogs from this possibilty of "eating" ash? I have a good idea about taking her out to do her buisness, but am worried about what to do if she still manages to eat some of the ash. Thanks in advance for any insite you might have.

Tom

Tom, I had replied to this yesterday, must've been a glitch after pressing submit.

Best thing would be to keep your dog inside and leash when outside doing business until things calm down. Main thing is breathing it that is harmful, but in eating snow some could be breathed in I guess. Maybe your dog won't like the feel of eating the snow with ash on it, not sure. No easy answer really.

Good luck,

Heck, dogs drink out of mud puddles and lick their own butts. If my dog swallows some ash I won't lose any sleep. I doubt she'll be out there grazing on it anyway.

Lol well there is "that".
    Alaska, the Madness; Bloggity Stories of the North
    http://cloud9doula.wordpress.com/

Does this shotgun make my butt look big?

abirurn09

Default dog eats snow

Horrible... especially for the children. I have a small dog and I keep it inside whenever Im out just because I am afraid of predatory birds snatching it up.

Abirn... if you look at the date of this post it was posted when one of our volcanos were erupting and putting lots of ash in the air. It's not a normal state of affairs. And when there is that much ash falling, we generally keep our kids indoors.
    Alaska, the Madness; Bloggity Stories of the North
    http://cloud9doula.wordpress.com/

Does this shotgun make my butt look big?