Thread: Big bugs!!!

Default Big bugs!!!

I have been in Guam since January 9th. There are a ton of wild pigs,deer,and chickens(yes wild chickens) to hunt in the jungle here. I come back to Alaska in April and I cant wait. I have gotten spoiled up there with the lack of the creepy crawlies. Dont get me wrong those misquitoes can be pretty bad but nothing compared to the spiders here!! There is probably a banana spider every 10 feet and they are not small!!!! Average spider is about the size of a playing card!! Everytime I go into the jungle I get one of the things on me and end up screaming like a kid and running out of the jungle. I never thought that so many deer, pigs, and chickens would be safe from my arrows all because of spiders!!! All of you back in Alaska are lucky to get to hunt in such creepy crawly free areas!! I need to get back there so I can resume acting manly in the woods.
    "A dog has no use for fancy cars or big homes or designer clothes. Status symbol means nothing to him. A waterlogged stick will do just fine." Marley and Me

Default Here's an idea

Start a rumor that B&C and P&Y is know allowing banana spiders for record entries. Soon you would be hard pressed to find one of trophy caliber.
    Last edited by AFHunter; 03-25-2009 at 03:10. Reason: SP

Default AK...

Yes, I remember the critters of Guam. Quite an adventure, find an old lava cave, and look at the size of some of the bugs in there!

But, imagine a young kid who has not been 'outside' and then thrown into anywhere in the lower 48........
    "What's that smell?" Referring to skunk, or large dairy farm
    "What are those?" Referring to a small herd of white tail grazing through a corn field.

"It itches!!!" As they nearly scratch their belly off, because of the new found chigger bite!

The total fear in their eyes when you explain the facts of snakes, ticks and spiders.

Default wrong gun

Dude
    dump the rifle and get a speargun! I used to spear 40# Dog Tooth Tuna right off of the beach at War in the Pacific landing sight just north of Piti. I'll give you the gouge if you want.

Drew

Red face What???

Quote Originally Posted by AFHunter View Post
    Start a rumor that B&C and P&Y is know allowing banana spiders for record entries. Soon you would be hard pressed to find one of trophy caliber.
    Piece

Donít tread on my Boon and Crocket record! I currently hold the B & C record in 3 species including Arctic Feral Hog, Brooks Range Ginnie Pig and House hold cats! I will now own Banana Spider soon! The hardest part is finding a bullet that will penetrate those spiders parkas!

Welcome back to the Great White North!

Walt
    Northwest Alaska back Country Rentals
    Kotzebue, Alaska

All these years and I never knew Guam had Deer and pigs , I have an uncle that has been living there for 15 years.He has been up here fishing And he never mentioned I could come over and hunt Time to put up the Parka and pack the T-shirt
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Default I hate ticks

Used to live in north idaho near courdelene on the st joe river, hunted elk, turkeys , bear, cougars and deer and enjoyed it but i was always extra paranoid of ticks....god i hate those things....thats why i love it up here dont gotta worry bout gettin dieases or bitten....only thing i worry about here is the notoriously dangerous giant arctic snow snake and the obnoxiously smelly barking spider who scent can ruin entire hunting/ fishing adventures, especially when they are wet or runny

My brother in law was stationed in Guam and I am sure I remember him telling me the annual limit on hogs was either 50 or 80, thats a lot of pork.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by ARKY View Post
    I All of you back in Alaska are lucky to get to hunt in such creepy crawly free areas!! I need to get back there so I can resume acting manly in the woods.
    Yew Betcha.
    AND, one of the biggie reasons why I love living in the Greatland, is NO SNAKES.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.