I am looking for a partner for a self-guided Kodiak Island fly out deer hunt preferably around August 1-10. I have done this hunt before but am open to any new ideas. I have done 7 Alaska hunts since 1999 so I am somewhat experienced and would love to show someone the ropes. This trip can be done very economically. Contact me for an idea of expenses.

I have and am willing to share any equipment needed, as well as have researched several flight service options and locations for the hunt. Last year I killed 2 good bucks with my rifle and this year I would like to try a little harder with my bow. Most people I have hunted with would call me a meat packing machine. I actually enjoy and look forward to that part of the hunt. I am in excellent physical shape and am 41 years old.

I also enjoy fishing and would like to spend a day or two on a river after we get our animals. I am a teacher so it would be best to go before school starts Aug. 17 because it is hard to get time off. If you are interested in Caribou on the mainland instead of deer on Kodiak email me and we may be able to do that instead and use different dates. I follow the game regulations to the letter and would expect the same of my partner. There's only one way to hunt and that's ethical fair chase.

Brian Swasey, Woodland CA