Thread: feeding problems and Kimber rifles

Default feeding problems and Kimber rifles

Heard that Kimbers have or have had some feeding issues with their rifles. Specifically their short action calibers.

Anyone have experience good or bad with the Kimber Montana's??

Anyone decided to get rid of a Kimber based on problems with the rifle quality and function?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by plentycoupe View Post
    Heard that Kimbers have or have had some feeding issues with their rifles. Specifically their short action calibers.

Anyone have experience good or bad with the Kimber Montana's??

Anyone decided to get rid of a Kimber based on problems with the rifle quality and function?

Thanks.

My Montana had a stock that was a bit out of line and called them up.
    They said just send it in. A couple weeks later it showed up with a new stock. From my limited experience I would say their customer service is great.

I've got two Montanas and have no problems withfeed or anything else....both very accurate and reliable...Intend to get another....a lot of good features for the dollar.

I don't know about Kimbers in particular, but I have heard about some of the WSM calibers feeding a little rough in some rifles. If you believe the gun magazines, Kimber rifles hung the moon. I've never read a bad thing about them in there.

I have a Kimber 84 in 338 Fed. No problems fedding, but, rougher that I would like. I can't slowly feed one from the mag well without it feeling like its binding a little. The cases do scratch slightly.

I've only seen one that had a feeding problem. It was a 300 WSM. It had been sent back and still had the same problem after it was returned. I don't know what happened after that as I lost touch with the owner.

I've read that Kimber addressed this after either Serial #12,000 or 14,000.

A friend had a problem with a montana in 308. Sent it back to the factory and they fixed it, not sure how fast that happened. You might talk to Sean or Jeff at Boondocks. I think they had problems with customers' kimbers- all were in 308, as I recall.

Doug

I have a Montana in 300 win mag and have had no issues at all. I have heard of one other issue with a 270wsm feeding if I remember correctly. I have heard rumors of other manufacturers as well having feeding issues with the WSM's. My wife has a Win 70 in 270wsm that never gives her a lick of trouble though.

I think its just like anything else if there are enough samples of the product in circulation then there will be problems either real or perceived.

I have had a total of three Kimbers, all in 7mm-08. One classic and two Montanas.

No feeding issues with any of them, had accuracy issues with the classic, sent it back to Kimber and they re-crowned the barrel. One of the Montanas has acceptable accuracy, the other is a tack driver and is not finicky at all with bullets or powder.

I really like my Montana I have now

Quote Originally Posted by okbowman View Post
    I've read that Kimber addressed this after either Serial #12,000 or 14,000.
    My Kimber is a #14,000+ serial number and it feeds nice and smooth both working the action fast or slow.