Thread: Found lost Lab or Lab Rescue

Default Found lost Lab or Lab Rescue

I found i nice male lab this morning on the palmer fishhook rd / dwrer Rd. He has a infected eye and looks like he might of been lost for awhile. I can't keep him, so does anyone know of a lab rescue in the anchorage/valley area? He seems like a real nice quiet dog anyone interested in adopting him please give me a call at 775-1692. He does have a round style collar, no tags and i've had him at my vets to check for a ID chip but he doesn't have one. Lets find a home for this nice guy.
    P3240074.JPG

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

There have been some plywood signs around Wasilla and Palmer fishhook roads for a week or so saying they lost a black lab. Maybe someone can jot that phone number down if they see the signs again. I'll try to remember to get it next time I drive by one of them. I know one sign is at Trunk/Palmer Fishhook and I have seen several others.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

I remember seeing those signs as well, a couple of weeks ago. Plywood with black spray paint - I think on the north/west corner of Glenn and Palmer - Wasilla highway. You might try calling Wetland Retrievers because their operation is in that area. They might be able to give you the phone number. Good Luck.

First thing i did after getting him in the truck was go call that number, but its for a female lab and he's a male.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    907 775 1692

Depending on his demeanor I wouldn't hesitate to give him a home, I can work with a trainable dog, just not from scratch.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    Depending on his demeanor I wouldn't hesitate to give him a home, I can work with a trainable dog, just not from scratch.
    I just brought him to mat su animal shelter on 49th state st.off of the palmer wasilla hwy. They are going to have a vet look at his eye and take care of him(i hope) He seemed like a real sweat heart, very calm, and always apreciated me petting him or talking to him, if i didn't have a real sick cat with cancer i'd keep him. Please go and take a look at him he's a REAL NICE dog. By the way he weighed in at 62 lbs on their scale.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    907 775 1692

Thumbs up

I'll make my way over there tomorrow. Im always on the look out for another black lab that my female will get along with. The last t ime we tried a second addition it didnt go well at all.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    I'll make my way over there tomorrow. Im always on the look out for another black lab that my female will get along with. The last t ime we tried a second addition it didnt go well at all.
    Please let me know how it goes.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    907 775 1692

Also have to consider that there is an owner in the area who might want him back...

Place an ad on craigslist?

Ad is on CR Sure hope he finds a good home.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    907 775 1692

Just a update on the lab i found yesterday, my wife called animal control today and found out he was chipped and he went to a vet yesterday evening. The chip was from Alaska dog & puppy rescue and thats who picked him up and took him to the vets to get fixed up. His name is Roscoe and if you want any more info on him please call either mat su animal control or alaska dog & puppy rescue. When i know more i'll post it. Somebody please go adopt him he's a good one.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    907 775 1692

Kink Alaska surrounded by sled dog kennels, a fabulous view and lots of hunting.

Default Another Lab (Black Female) in shelter

There is an owner surrender Lab in the MatSu shelter. Her name is Raisin. She is taller and strong, not too old. She is a terrible barker but that is easy to fix. I'm not 100% sure she is all lab. She has the look ,she had no interest in the ball or chew toy but in a 6 minute photo shoot retrieving desire is hard to assess. I think she is just an juvinile someone could not spend enough time with. I liked her build. Dew claws were intact. I think she was spayed so cheaper to bail out.
    Personable, She sat sharply on command and downed for a treat.

www.alaskadognews.com