Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter Height

Default Hunter Height

Just trying to get a little demographic information. If I'm not supposed to do this just let me know.

1. How tall are you.
    2. What do you hunt (waterfowl or other).
    3. What kind of hunting do you enjoy (bow, shotty, rifle, muzzy).

1. I'm 6'5"
    2. I hunt waterfowl, land birds, deer and squirrels. Yes I said squirrels. Hope to hunt some elk, bear and maybe a moose soon.
    3. I like to hunt with all four that I had listed.

Thanks to all that reply, I appreciate it. I'm doing some independent research on these topics and couldn't find any good studies that had been done yet.
    ================================================== ==========
    I've posted this on several other forums and a question was asked at one of them that I thought would be useful to everyone.

I am doing this purely as personal interest. I am not tied to any company or group (well I do contribute to PF and DU), but being a tall guy that hunts with mostly guys of normal height, I was curious to see if there were any other gorillas like me out there.

When I'm done collecting enough data, I will make sure to post my findings on each forum that I have joined. I am not asking for anything that is confidential and hope that it makes it easier for members to contribute.

I promise a full computational analysis when I'm done.

Thanks and happy hunting!

Must be a boring night on TV

1. How tall are you. 5'8"
    2. What do you hunt (waterfowl or other). Big game, caribou, moose, black bear, waterfowl soon, I hope
    3. What kind of hunting do you enjoy (bow, shotty, rifle, muzzy). Rifle, bow

i'll bite...

5'8"
    everything (brown bear, grizzly, black, moose, dall sheep, mt goat, sitka black tail, caribou, snowshoe hares, fox, ducks/geese....)
    anything thats open. but i like a big boom and to hear a bullet hit. bowhunting is boring to me but i like guiding bowhunters, just don't really care for it myself unless its for a special season. i like handgun hunting.

i've got a mt goat hunt on sale for oct...come on up and tell me about your research while i do mine!
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

I'm 6'0", like long walks in the mountains with my special hunting partner, think that the setting sun over a campfire makes my eyes look....oh, wait...I thought I had stumbed onto a dating site for a second.

May I ask what you're doing this research for? I'm not surprised similar research hasn't been done, as it's not something most folks would give thought to. Are you developing a product where hunter size will matter? (Edit - I just saw your note about just doing this for personal interest.)

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

I am 5 113/4, i hunt bear, caribou and moose in that order.. and i always carry a tag for what could come along.. small game is table fare where ever it is. Gun, bow, muzzle loader, knife fire sharpened stick if i have to. i have five kids and wife that won't let me in without blood under the nails. 13 years ago i was labeled disabled. and challenge most to keep up.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

You must be bored? Go chase Turkeys! I am 6.6 Height & weight porportaionate. I like long walks on the beach on Kodiak in Nov. w/ my 375. Oh wait wrong site. You name it if I have the $ & there is a season I will go after it. I love it all. Bunnies to Bears. I end one hunt & it is on to the next. If I made a bit more $ & was retired it would be an endless season for me. Not partial to any particular weapon, but I seem to use my rifle the most, something to do w/ the bears up here.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    I'm 6'0", like long walks in the mountains with my special hunting partner, think that the setting sun over a campfire makes my eyes look....oh, wait...I thought I had stumbed onto a dating site for a second.

May I ask what you're doing this research for? I'm not surprised similar research hasn't been done, as it's not something most folks would give thought to. Are you developing a product where hunter size will matter? (Edit - I just saw your note about just doing this for personal interest.)
    one track mind there brian. as women typically are not in hunt camp...( typically) hunter size DOES NOT MATTER
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Interesting questions...

I'm 6'4" and hunt big game/small game/some ducks, you name it.

I usually hunt with a rifle, but I'm starting to get more serious about bowhunting (I've taken small game, a caribou, and a moose with a bow). Never done much muzzle loader work.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

I'm 8' tall and half that wide. I hunt bars. And I grin 'em down.

1. How tall are you.
    2. What do you hunt (waterfowl or other).
    3. What kind of hunting do you enjoy (bow, shotty, rifle, muzzy).

1. Too tall for the kiddie rides
    2. Anything wild w/4 legs(or 2 legs & 2 wings)
    3. YES

Seriously though,
    1. 5'9"
    2. Anything I can that is edible.
    3. various rifles, shotguns, handguns. Haven't used a bow in years.

PS: welcome to the forum!
    Last edited by dandeo2003; 03-23-2009 at 21:09. Reason: add welcome

1. How tall are you. - 6'00"
    2. What do you hunt (waterfowl or other). I'm an equal opportunity hunter, but have a passion for birds, especially waterfowl.
    3. What kind of hunting do you enjoy (bow, shotty, rifle, muzzy). Rifle for critters without feathers, shotgun for critters without fur.

Default Ha

I have to say, the guys on this forum are by far the funniest I've come across in the more than 20 that I've posted this question. I appreciate it the good humor and the great information. When I have a little more time I plan on coming back and giving some more personal responses to you folks up in Alaska.

After watching a few shows about Alaska, you guys are my dream location, now I just gotta convince the Mrs.

I'll be out practicing my bow tomorrow, but I plan on keeping on eye on this thread and will try to have some preliminary results put up this weekend, but will let this go as long as I can.

Thanks Again and have fun ya polar bears!

1. 6' 2"
    2. Deer,Mulies above timberline are my favorite, elk, black bear, and grouse
    3. Mostly rifles over 30 cal with heavy bullets, shotgun for grouse, and occasionally I like to stick something with an arrow, especially if it puts meat in the freezer

Hope this helps
    LIVE TO HUNT....HUNT TO LIVE!!!!

I'm 5'9

I hunt everyday I can, for food and fur.

Caribou, Bears, Ptarmigan, Ducks, Geese, Wolves, Arctic and Redfox, Balck Bears, Otter, Wolverine, Lynx, Beaver, Muskrats,Rabbits,ect.
    I often enjoy watching my family(and extended family) hunting in the Ocean for Walrus, Polar Bear, Seals of all kinds, small Whales and such while I enjoy the fishing and Ocean Duck hunting that happens at the boat while the kids/bro in law stalk/shoot/harpoon them across the ice pack.

Rifles from .22 to 30-06 rule in my relm, as does the 12 Gauge 3inch.
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

I'm 5' 6"
    I have hunted racoon, whitetail deer, rabbits and squirrels. Hope to hunt bear, moose, caribou and elk.
    I like to hunt with shotgun and have tried bow but not very good with it. Plan to hunt with a rifle this year.
    Former A.F Staff Sergeant

6'2" and change
    Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game
    Rifle, handgun, shotgun.

1. How tall are you. 6' 5"
    2. What do you hunt (waterfowl or other). Any wild game with a legal season, but most recently Moose, Bear, Deer, and Small game.
    3. What kind of hunting do you enjoy (bow, shotty, rifle, muzzy). Rifle for large game, Shotgun or .22 for small game, and I am Learning how to use my bow for special seasons.
    It ain't about the # of pounds of meat we bring back, nor about how much we spent to go do it. Its about seeing what no one else sees.

http://wouldieatitagainfoodblog.blogspot.com/

Height 6'4"
    Weight 260lbs
    Enjoy hunting just about anything, perfer bowhunting... Have taken Bear, Mt. Lion, Deer, Caribou, and small game with the bow... Would like to add moose to that list...

Wink Essential Information

5'9" and hunt whatever is legal at the time and if I have the time. It's a tough choice, though, when fishing is hot. Speaking of hot, I was going up BrokeBack mountain a while back and...................oops, another story............

M

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast