Thread: 1st Fishing trip where and with what boat!

Default 1st Fishing trip where and with what boat!

I will be going to Fish Creek on Kroto Slough with my new SJX

you'd better plan on taking someone with you that knows the area......I just happen to know the perfect guy, just say when and I'll make sure he's available...lol...
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

tjm
    Don't worry my firt trip without the family with will be running with you to show me the spot and everything the new boat can do. Just remeber its a new boat so dont want to run it like I stole it HAHAHA For the price it has cost me it has to last me a life time

Unwritten rule: No mention of new boats without pictures! What kind of options? Why did you go with the SJX? Or is it still being put together? Pics when you can. Pretty please?

Quote Originally Posted by jtm9 View Post
    Unwritten rule: No mention of new boats without pictures! What kind of options? Why did you go with the SJX? Or is it still being put together? Pics when you can. Pretty please?
    Boat is still being put togather comes with standard options plus I had point and shot put on bottom wipers on both windows heater on both sides had. had them put in fuel lines so I can run two extra tanks in the front. Ill post some pic when I get it. Went with the SJX because it fit my family needs.

Quote Originally Posted by skybust View Post
    Just remeber its a new boat so dont want to run it like I stole it HAHAHA
    don't worry, you won't have to....that boat should be able to putt putt around in the shallows with ease....sure is nice to keep it around 20MPH on step....

but running it like you stole it makes better video footage......lol
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

Got to love the video footage of boats going crazy in the rivers when driven fast.
    Alaska Fishing Forums : They are my addiction!

Whitter, the opening of shrimp seas and to work out the rust...
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default Big Lake

Big Lake. We just purchased this 2359 trophy last month and have never taken it out. In fact, I've only had experience sailing boats and motor boating is new to me. Figured going to Big Lake first and getting the feel for her would be a good idea. After that we'll be going out of Whittier. Hope this all happens mid-May.

Default PWS Christening

The 2nd or 3rd week of April. Anxious to use my "new" to me 27 SS Pilothouse, the "Tori Marie". Named it after my 10 y/o daughter, so for sure it will be a family outing. I want to do a special ceremony/christening type thing, and make it as special for her as it is for me. She loves PWS fishing and boating as much as I do, and has grown to a great hand and determined angler.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have 40 hours on the new boat (31' Seawolf) so far this year, but no fishing yet, since it is in Washington. I expect first fishing will be around May 11th in Canada, hopefully we can figure out where to troll along the way up to Juneau. We already have some ideas on where to go, but hopefully we can get some local knowledge along the way and hit them hard. I was originally just going to run straight up to SE and fish by Ketchikan, but several people have told me it is worth while to get the Canadian locense and fish there, so I will give it a try.

Jim