We're looking for a new logo and are interested in your ideas. So we're running a logo contest through the month of April, or until we find a "keeper", whichever comes first. Here are the rules of the contest:
- All entries must be submitted in this thread. If you are not sure how to post the image in this thread, refer to the "posting pictures" thread here in Forum Tips, or contact Brian M, our forum admin, for instructions.
- Any graphics format is acceptable.
- Original image size must be 300 dpi, and large enough to use on the back of a tee shirt. To post the image here, first make a copy of it and reduce the size.
- Logos must fit within an aspect ratio of 3" tall X 5" wide.
- Logos may be any shape.
- Logos must contain the words "Alaska Outdoors Directory"
- Avoid finely-detailed designs, as the logo needs to be viewable at smaller sizes.
- Logos must represent the whole website, rather than just hunting, or fishing, etc. In other words, the theme of the logo should be the Alaska outdoors.
- Entries must be submitted in full color, but must also be usable in black and white / grayscale.
- The logo will be used on the website, and possibly on hats, tee shirts, patches, and print media, so plan designs accordingly.
- Multiple entries are welcome.
- Alaska Outdoors Directory staff will make the final decision on the winning entry, and may choose a design other than those submitted in the contest.
- All designs become the property of Alaska Outdoors Directory.
- The winner will be awarded a $200 gift certificate for the Outdoors Directory bookstore, which must be redeemed by October 1, 2009.
Please keep this thread limited to logo designs only. We may decide to run a poll on the top designs, but please do not post positive or negative comments about design submissions in this thread. This thread is for LOGO DESIGNS ONLY!
Thanks; we look forward to seeing what you come up with!