Thread: boondocking/hill climbing

Default boondocking/hill climbing

I realize most sleds are more for work or transportation, but there must be some sledheads in some parts of the state. Where do you live and generally where do have to go to boondock or hillclimb for a day or two?

Interesting post! While this particular forum thread addresses work related sleds, in general, most riding is for pleasure in the state.

Although, most of that Alaskan banter is at snowest or dootalk.

It all depends on the given snow conditions for an area, but the top 5 are Lost Lake from Cooper Landing, Petersville (when there's no ash), Eureka, Cantwell, and Caribou Lake. There are MANY more smaller riding areas inbetween, Placer River valley, Hatchers Pass, Turnagain Pass, Johnson Pass, Whittier, and Susitna.

Good luck! Let us know if you need more specific directions. Above all, be safe!

Default Riding Area

It would help to know where you live and want to ride. There is a lot of riding area in Alaska.

This link should help.

http://snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66351

Quote Originally Posted by goosepilot View Post
    I realize most sleds are more for work or transportation, but there must be some sledheads in some parts of the state. Where do you live and generally where do have to go to boondock or hillclimb for a day or two?
    Turnagain pass and hatchers pass offer both and are great for day trips.

Thanks for posting that link Huntin - I was too lazy. It's a great resource!

Right out my backdoor. 12 miles to treeline
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Default thanks

I figured I might get a better answer here than snow west
    Let me have it - I live in mn-sd - I can take it
    I only ride cooke city/w yellowstone with a total hand built "cat". Just got back from w yellowstone and rented m8 not a bad stocker but snow was pretty set up. Never got a chance to really see what the turbos I rode with could do
    The real reason for asking is I would like to buy some property where I can fly my cub in and live parts of the year when I am not working. Just to hang out, base hunt trips out of, and ride some in the winter.
    Thanks again