Thread: Advice for cabin and fishing while my brother is here.

Default Advice for cabin and fishing while my brother is here.

I am looking to hit up one or two of the forest service cabins while my brother is here and do some fishing. I have been to Admiralty Cove last year and that is definately on the list. The other two I was looking at were Berners Bay and Turner Lake West. Both look great for camping/hunting/fishing. I would prefer Turner Lake but my boat is pretty small and weather has to be just right to get over there. Has anyone been to either or both and recommend one or the other? Pluses/minuses of each? Turner Lake looks pretty sweet from the pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by chauvotsm View Post
    I am looking to hit up one or two of the forest service cabins while my brother is here and do some fishing. I have been to Admiralty Cove last year and that is definately on the list. The other two I was looking at were Berners Bay and Turner Lake West. Both look great for camping/hunting/fishing. I would prefer Turner Lake but my boat is pretty small and weather has to be just right to get over there. Has anyone been to either or both and recommend one or the other? Pluses/minuses of each? Turner Lake looks pretty sweet from the pictures.
    Lake cabins or ocean accessible? Close to Juneau or no? My two personal favorites are Appleton Cove (Peril Straits between here and Sitka) and Church Bight (Gambier Bay), but you know my bias toward ocean-accessible cabins and the boat I use to get there! ;-)

-Case
    M/V CanCan - 34' SeaWolf - Bandon, OR
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ocean accessible, but easily so. I have gone to St James bay on a nice day but it has to be perfect out. I actually reserved Berner's Bay. Should be a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by CanCanCase View Post
    Lake cabins or ocean accessible? Close to Juneau or no? My two personal favorites are Appleton Cove (Peril Straits between here and Sitka) and Church Bight (Gambier Bay), but you know my bias toward ocean-accessible cabins and the boat I use to get there! ;-)

-Case
    Ask AKPM which cabins are good...he knows of a really good one in SE, with lots of 'cutts in the adjacent lake. (Just don't post any of your photos online!)