Thread: Vapor Trail Limb Driver Rest

Default Vapor Trail Limb Driver Rest

I'm finding this rest to be near FLAWLESS. Worth a hard look for those looking to upgrade rests.

--Tunable without any tools.
    --Supports arrow shaft longer

I'm on my iPhone otherwise Id provide pix. Google them please.

Taylor
    -[]------->

Vapor Trail puts out top quality stuff
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Gray View Post
    Vapor Trail puts out top quality stuff
    Gary i know your a man of two words but would you like to expound on that a second or three?

the reason i ask is i talked to my bow shop up here and could not find a good word on them.. mostly due to the lack of support on the prongs..

so how bout it guys? Marc drop the i phone and gary.. well, TWO lines?

http://www.cabelas.com/prod-1/0046537418172a.shtml
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I have known Jarrod and his products for many years. My experience with the company's product support has been great.

Default Limb driver

Marc, I feel the same way about this rest. I have shot it for about 2 years now and have yet to find any problems with it. Vince what have you been hearing about the prongs?
    "The road goes on forever and the party never ends"

Play the video at the BOTTOM of the page.

http://www.vaportrailarchery.com/limbDriver.asp

Taylor

If you've got a Mathews I know where there are 3 rests available here in town at a good price. Drop me a line or call.

Taylor

Built soild and very easy to set up. You can't go wrong with this rest
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Na mine is a Martin MV-2 03 or 04 model Marc. . i will ask for some more i asked in passing the other day to see if it would fit my bow, mine was designed with a lot of quick releases, and mountings have been a problem with out the correct martin adaptor... he did say they were good rest just that he and few others had issues with the low support profile n the prongs an questioned the strength of them over the long term. i have not seen one in person yet. but i am thinking i will go with a trophy rest or quad on mine for the arrow catch to keep it in the rest. all are about the same price. i just need to play with a few.

here is a link, mine is the Magnum.

http://www.martinarchery.com/bows2003/mv2-l.htm
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I have set up over a dozen Limbdrivers both on split limb bows and standard bows. Everyone who I set up with still has them on their bow. They are super simple, don't fail, don't freeze up, and are easy to set up. A lot of people are using them.

I had read some negative comments on the limb driver rest on Archery Talk.com. They centered around the fact that there is a string that could be damaged while out in the field making the rest unusable. I find that funny as most compound bows have enough strings and cables to worry about in the field. I never have had a problem with them and don't expect to have a problem with the string on the limb driver either.

I have taken 8 animals with the set up and it works for me. If the string on it broke, it would stay in the upright position unlike other fall away rests that would stay in the down position. I figured I would want to shoot off one that provided clearance from the arrow shelf if it failed. One of the old NAP rests can be rought along and used as a replacement for the limb driver arm just in casse.

Matt

I had read some negative comments on the limb driver rest on Archery Talk.com. They centered around the fact that there is a string that could be damaged while out in the field making the rest unusable. I find that funny as most compound bows have enough strings and cables to worry about in the field. I never have had a problem with them and don't expect to have a problem with the string on the limb driver either.

I have taken 8 animals with the set up and it works for me. If the string on it broke, it would stay in the upright position unlike other fall away rests that would stay in the down position. I figured I would want to shoot off one that provided clearance from the arrow shelf if it failed. One of the old NAP rests can be brought along and used as a replacement for the limb driver arm just in case.

Matt

MattM --
    I echo your call that worrying about the string is ridiculous.
    Any idiot who can cut the Limbdriver string has long ago cut his bowstring and bus cables anyway... LOL!
    What about that limp string from other rests, attached to the down bus? That little sucker doesn't hang out there does it? Or the fact that you've just blown your timing because you've added a pull-pressure string to your down bus cable? No. Nothing about that... LOL.

I'm convinced that RIGHT NOW, this is the cutting edge mechanism and/or theory for operating a drop-away with little or no collateral reaction to the bow's mechanics.

BTW, nice double-post to reach 100. (wink) Post counts are overrated! I've been through three resets / revamps on this board!

Taylor

-[]------->