Thread: 2010 Tundra

Default 2010 Tundra

I have been thinking about buying a Tundra LT 550 To use off the beaten track and took a look at the changes Ski Doo made with the 2010 models.
    Looks to me like they made some good changes. The front suspension went back to a telescopic type. Less parts to bang up when hitting objects under the snow such as stumps. No more two up seat . Looks like the 550 2 stroke is the only power plant . And a newer lighter chassis.
    Seriously thinking of snow checking one. I would like to know what some of your opinions are about the new changes. Heres a link.

http://www.ski-doo.com/en-US/Snowmob...c/Packages.htm

thanks

Makes me happy I sprung for the Tundra 300F this year although I was waiting for next year.

More money, no electric start and 80lbs heavier.

The Ski stance is 32" it might be tippy. For another $1,300.-- I would buy the SUV and have the transmission, and 20" track; they are winter tractors for me.

I love the new/old style. I ride a '98 tundra now and the new one will fit perfectly on my trapline trails. Same stance as my '98 I think the windshield could be higher tho lol. the bigger machine have a wider stance.. a 20" wide track simply will not turn with the tundra..big track good for hauling loads and such but not for trapping

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeak View Post
    The Ski stance is 32" it might be tippy. For another $1,300.-- I would buy the SUV and have the transmission, and 20" track; they are winter tractors for me.
    My 07 300F seemed tippy until I got used to it. Now it is fine. I need to haul freight for a cabin this year and next, then I want to play.

Thumbs up snowchecked

I snowchecked at 2010 Tundra LT. I too ride a oldstyle pogo front end and I have no problem with the narrow stance in fact I like it. However im not really a speed demon. I sure wish they would have a modular 2 up seat for the LT but they don't. Guess it gives me a reason to keep my old machine so the friends etc can come with me.

I was considering a AC 570 XT but they are too heavy in my opion. Besides once you go doo its hard to change.