Thread: FREE Vessel Safety Checks

Default FREE Vessel Safety Checks

The Coast Guard Auxiliary will be doing free vessel safety checks at West Marine in Anchorage on Saturday May 9 from 10:00 AM to 5:00 Pm and on Sunday May 10 from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM. West Marine will be provideing soft drinks and hotdogs. No appointments are necessary, simply show up and get your safetry check done.

Thanks.

Any idea about the same thing at Fred Meyer in Eagle River this year?

The folks with the ER Flotilla usually have their free inspections in mid-May and so would guess they'll be at Fred Meyers either the weekend of the 16th or 23rd.
    Stay tuned, I am sure they will announce it soon. They also have a booth at the sportsmans show that tells you when and where you can get one...

The District 17 website also has a list of Vessel Examiners. You can contact them to do a check if none of the dates work for you. The link to the D17 site is below. There should be more dates coming up. Will try to keep everyone informed.

http://a170.uscgaux.info/index.htm

Have left messages before and recieved no response. Other times (most times), I have. It's generally easiest to go to where they are if I'm in town. I would imagine they get lots of requests to come to people's homes to do inspections. I commend them on that since I believe they are all volunteers.

Just a reminder on the Vessel Exam station this weekend at West Marine. Bring your boat and get your VE sticker and a hot dog.

Don't forget to come out and bring your boat tomorrow.

no hot dogs this year. muffins, coffee, cookies, and soft drinks. Still free though