Well I missed alot of photo oppurtunities along the way but I was in the zone.
1. I got my barrel in. Pecatonica told me to go straight down and not move it back. I did that, but ran into the same thing I didnt like with my first stock. Straight down leaves a nasty gap between the breech of the barrel and the stock. Ill post photos of what Im talking about when I post how Im going to fix it. Inletteing the tang this time went good. There was one little stray that happened out side the line. This will be easily fixed as the gap is pretty minimal.
2. I got the lock inletted in. This was not to diffucult. The edges are a little rough but I think they will sand out fine.
3. I got the trigger in. This was tricky getting it set just right. If you dont have it in the right spot the hammer wont stay cocked. This made my inlay big so I could slide the plate back and forth trying to dial it in. This is not a problem either as the trigger guard will cover it up.
4. I got the barrel tennons in. this wasnt too hard. but they were tricky not to get the dovetails too big. they look pretty goobery cause I had to peen them to get the tennons tight. But again they wont be seen normally. I'm nervous about the sight dovetailing now though.
5. I drilled and tapped my lock and trigger plate, drilled the holes for my barrel pins.
6. I drilled and tapped my vent liner. My counter sink is pretty wide, but I had to do it to get the vent liner to sit flush. I even still had to file down the vent liner. Im not sure how i could have done this differently
So alot done, but alot to do.