Thread: Skanoe

Default Skanoe

I have a 18' power boat and picked up a 17' colman skanoe this last fall. I would love to get the wife and two kids out in the skanoe. Anyone have any suggestion's. Im looking for a place that has a nice camp site mabey even some good fishing.
    I am leaning towards the little so for a day long float. Mabey even hitting some local lakes Like Long lake. I live in Los Anch. and driving 3-5 hours is fine.
    Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Default does it have

A motor on the scanoe?
    or are going to paddle it?
    They make great little boats for trolling and fishing smaller lakes and quiet rivers..
    On the kenai,, I think Hidden lake would be a good place as well as the hundred lakes along the highways..
    on the Kenai.,,, watson, kelly and peterson, dolly varden, ... the list is endless and the camping will be good at most of them,,,
    maybe a trip to Kelly and Peterson would be a fun camping and canoe trip down here ... at least i like those lakes..
    Max
    When you come to a fork in the trail, take it!

Rentals for Canoes, Kayaks, Rafts, boats serving the Kenai canoe trail system and the Kenai river for over 15 years. www.alaskacanoetrips.com

Default Hidden sounds good

I don't have a motor yet but I plan on picking one up.
    Just haven't decided on a motor yet. Im wondering if a 5 hp will be to much?

I hung a Yamaha 4 horse off of mine and was a bit tippy but the 3.5 Tohatsu 4-stroke works great.

Default thanks ak2ak

Good advice. I was wondering about the weight and how it will effect the skanoe. Most trips will be the 2 kids and the wife. Thinking the 3.5 should work.

Thanks