Thread: Alaska fishing books in the forum store.

Thumbs up Alaska fishing books in the forum store.

I just got another order in from the forum store and it made me wonder....

Do other forum members utilize this awesome resource?

Just now, went to the forum store and under the "Fishing" section saw 106 books/maps/dvds about fishing Alaska available.

I have got some great books from the forum store and each time have been impressed with the super fast shipping. From Anchorage to Cape Cod, Mass in three days!

Winter time is the perfect time to read up and research things. I can't start to say how much I have learned from these books. Problem is, everytime I read a new book, I get ten ideas of places in Alaska I want to fish. So many rivers, so little money.

Some of my very favorites are listed below....

Gunnar Pederson, "Alaska Fishing" and "Fishing Alaska's Kenai River"

Scott Haugen, "Flyfishers Guide to Alaska"

Troy Letherman, "Topwater, Flyfishing Alaska..."

Kelly Pinnell, "ABC's of Reading Alaska's Small Streams and Rivers"

Larry Tulils, "Alaska Rainbows"

Dave Achteson, "Fishing Alaska's Kenai Peninsula"

Don Crane, "Floating Alaska"

"Kenai Lake and Vicinity Map" (Upper Kenai River)

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Default Tony Weaver co-wrote Top Water

For the record - Tony Weaver who co-wrote "Top Water" with Troy was the one responsible for mainly supplying the knowledge of “where to how to” for fly fishing Alaska’s many opportunities. Not taking anything away from Troy but that book seems to be promoted as a Troy book or Tony book when actually the both did it.

Tony Weaver will be giving casting seminars as he usually does again this year at the Great Alaska Sports show and supporting us in promoting Alaska Outdoors TV at the show. Weaver's been roaming Alaska's rivers for over 35 years so you should stop by and chat with him.

Troy’s writing abilities are beyond belief but Tony’s skill as a fly casting pro is simply amazing. And yes, I agree, the video and book material available here in the forum is the one-stop-shop dream.

PS...hey...what about Michael's book
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

Good point above.

Tony and Troy both have their names on the book, I was just typing enough info so people would know which book it was.

Same goes for "Alaska Fishing" Renee Liemmeres (msp?) wrote that book with Gunnar Pederson.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Quote Originally Posted by tdelarm View Post
    [

PS...hey...what about Michael's book

I have it of course. Great book for anyone taking float trips in Alaska. For anyone reading here that does not know who "Mike" is, he is a long time forum member/moderator and recently bought the forum. He has a hunt planning service "Lost Creek Company" and wrote a very good book, titled "Float Hunting Alaska". And it is not just for hunters. Anyone taking float trips in Alaska needs this book.

Same applies to Karen Jettmars "Alaska River Guide".

But I was just talking about fishing books earlier.

Anyone taking float trips? Get these two books as well. Great books.