Thread: Meekins Air Service?

Default Meekins Air Service?

I am thinking of a fly-in sheep hunt this year with Meekins.....any one used them before? and how was your trip?....THX

Thumbs up Everyone....

Everyone has used him for thirty years. His rep is above reproach. Always has been. Always will be.
    In addition, virtually all other flyers in the area are aligned with him so that if anything happened to him, his son-in-law, or their airplanes, he would still arrange a skilled pilot to retrieve ya, if needed.
    He is the first guy I call when I need a Chugach Mountain drop-off for a client-hunter and myself.
    He is the first pilot I recommend to my friends or other guides.
    Don't call him unless your willing to spend ten minutes cleaninmg up dirty landing sites, or if you are going to leave even a candy wrapper behind.
    He care about our Alaska.

Dennis
    Alaska True Adventure Guide Service

One of the best,first class operation.....book him

Thumbs up Meekins

Ditto with what everybody else said. I have only used him once but my buddy has used him several times and he is absoluely a top notch guy. You will not be disappointed.

Meekins and his family are good people. I hope I draw a Chugach goat permit so I can fly with him again soon!!

I've not flown with him, but I used to stop by and visit him on my way up the Glenn - full on, first class Alaskan. Great company, and great reputation.
    "...just because we didn't agree with you doesn't mean we didn't have good discussion. It just means you missed it." -JMG-

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaTrueAdventure View Post
    Don't call him unless your willing to spend ten minutes cleaninmg up dirty landing sites, or if you are going to leave even a candy wrapper behind.
    He care about our Alaska.

Dennis
    Alaska True Adventure Guide Service
    I didn't read this before I posted, but I never managed to visit him without packing a log around or some silly thing.

you'd be standing there talking and before you know it, he'd say, "grab the end of that."

heheh.
    "...just because we didn't agree with you doesn't mean we didn't have good discussion. It just means you missed it." -JMG-

Default Meekins

Have to agree with what everyone else has said, I've had the pleasure to fly with Mike twice and he is as great a guy as he is a pilot.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Smile Pleasure to do buisnes with.

Mike is a great guy. Very safe and recomended by several guides here in the interior. We are using him in August as well.

"It's better to be lucky than good any day"