Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hay Flats and Morons

Exclamation Hay Flats and Morons

Was out there Saturday, and two morons/poachers were running around in thier lil 14 jon boat shooting ducks on move and it appeared with Guns that had the plugs removed. We had packed up and were leaving the pond and they had gotten within about 100 to 150 yards from us and a mallard jumped inbetween them and our boat. I saw the lead guy in the front of the boat pulling on the bird and we hit the deck - he definately saw us, and i definately said a few words, but they didnt hear me because thier motor was running.

He shot 2 or 3 times and sprayed us with pellets on one of the shots.

I know the boat, the motor etc but i dont know the guys - however - sooner or later they will be reported to the Feds/State.

There was two other partys in that area of the lake that i would appreciate talking to. Please PM if you hunted Duck lake on Saturday between 9am and 1pm - South Side. I wont sit by and just let this go. It was dangerous, it was illegal, and it has to stop.

Thanks

Cutter

Were you hunting with Greg and his dog Trapper? Greg told me about getting hit with the pellets.

That has got to suck.

You guys should have the feds and troopers check them out. I don't think they go on that side of the flats very often.

I was out of the flats by about 9:30 or 10am on saturday so I may have missed it, but I'd be down for asking around and seeing what I can find out. Bunch of idiots are ruining our spot.

I've been hit with shot many times before.. worked at a shotgun range... that **** stings... I'll post if I find anything out.
    Fear Nothing, Do Everything!

Default Yes Ray

That was us.
    -----------
    I appreciate any help you find Wildman, did you come in via 3mile? What side of the Flats were you hunting? If you dont feel comfortable posting public, just send a PM

Thanks

grizzeyes

When you guys find out who they are and I sure hope you do, I would really like to know their ages. Not that it matters but what happen to you guys and what you witnessed totally is disgusting. Give it all you got.

Default call right away?

Did you go back and call the troopers right away?

What did you just sit there and take it? Spray me with pellets and you better have something to make you vanish real quick.
    If idiots like that get away with it once they'll do it again, hopefully they will be caught the next time.

Was out there sat. Talked to a few people but never heard anything about it. Were they dayhunters or camped out. where on the lake did this happen and where did you, they come in at. Knik or palmer rabbit slough.
    I know two wrongs don't make a right But I would of shot back and not as a warning. There has been a lot of Bull s*** going on out there this year and it needs to stop!

I sent AK Ray an email on who these guys are, at least one of them as his truck has his company name on it. Dont want to post it publicly as I wasn't there on Saterday, but we've seen these guys do the gunnin and running before, lots of times. There were two boats with this crew, and they normally set up a camp on the knik river side. One of the boats and its occupants have been going out there for years (and have witnessed them running around blasting at ducks a lot), the other group in the other boat weren't familiar, but they were together so they know each other. We've had a rash of thefts on the knik side this year, and we think they may be responsible.

Default Cooler heads should prevail

I have contacted a Trooper that is a friend of mine, and will be talking to the Feds this week.

I might be going against the grain here, but i doubt shooting back would have solved anything other than more gunfire - no thanks - I have a family to support and children I love, I wasn't about to be part of the problem - we just hauled ass as fast as we could and bailed. I believe this was that camper crew, but i dont know for sure. I was hunting the South East Arm, Knik R side, and I've been in contact with at least one other that witnsessed the same.

The Thefts are BS and I wouldn't put it past this crew that was out there - hopefully they wont be back

Hopefully they are reading this board and are aware people know of thier actions.

Hopefully they can be caught

Cutter

They will be back, they have been there for years and really trash the place with their camp. They really tarnish duck hunters images.

Cutter, this was the crew I was talking about in my e-mail to you.

yep, I think we all are talking about the same group of guys. They've been going out there for a long time and are generally pigs. They leave trash out at "their" camp and generally are slobs. It "appeared" that they packed up for the year as they took their tent down (left all the garbage of course). But you never know. IF these guys are responsible for the thefts, they will be using a bunch of G&H widgeon and gadwall decoys (with my name on the bottoms of many of these), a pair of G&H floater canada goose (also with my name on the bottoms) and some new avery mallard decoys. Which will be fairly noticable with this group as they decoys they normally use are trashed out old carrylites and flambaeus with little paint on them.

It will be interesting to see if the thefts stop now. Have you been out this week to see if anything else is gone. I am due to lose a few!

Stuff like this makes me angry. hopefully the troopers will do something but more than likely it is the new trooper I dealt with this year on an illeagal moose.

Nothing happend.

I think your best bet is 12 gauge slugs into the boat when it is empty. Make the jerks walk out. And have to explain what happend and why.

Default If you shoot at someone, YOU will go to JAIL!!!

Getting hit with pellets while bird hunting is
    just a fact of life. It mostly depends if they are
    flying at you horizontally or vertically (side-ways or up and down,
    that is) But one thing is for sure, if you level off on someone
    in retalliation, YOU will go to JAIL if you are caught. Best
    advice is to pick, go home, call the cops. Get on the cell
    phone and call right there, don't get a load of "cyber-courage"
    and start making claims on the internet that could put you in
    a bad spot in a court of law.....
    Couldn't sit by and read this without having to comment.

Default I have given this alot of thought.

I have been duck and goose hunting for a while now. I started hunting with my dad when i was just alittle guy. I can say that I have never been sprayed with shot before. I am very happy about this. I think it is that fact that most of the hunting I have done was on private property. Now That I am up here and hunt public land I think about how I would have delt with this situation. I have come up with 2 very different ways.

1. I would yell some very expicative(s/p) words to these fellas and proceed to pick up my gear and leave calling the troopers when I get to my truck. This is my level headed option.

2. This is probably what would have likely happened because I do not take kindly to being shot or shot at or even close to. It would start basically the same way as the first idea with me yelling and picking up and heading to my truck.

This is where I would unload my shoot gun put it in its case and in the truck. light up a smoke and have a cup of coffe and wait for the A holes to come out. let them unpack there boat and put away there guns. Would proceed to giving them the beating of a life time.

then I would call the troopers to pick them up pay my fine for disordely conduct and assult and feel good about it.

I know that two wrongs do not make a right but sometimes things have to be done this way.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by fisherman19 View Post

This is where I would unload my shoot gun put it in its case and in the truck. light up a smoke and have a cup of coffe and wait for the A holes to come out. let them unpack there boat and put away there guns. Would proceed to giving them the beating of a life time.

then I would call the troopers to pick them up pay my fine for disordely conduct and assult and feel good about it.

I know that two wrongs do not make a right but sometimes things have to be done this way.
    Respectfully, Fisherman, you forgot to mention the criminal record you will likely have for assault and battery. Possibly a felony? Are you really ready to sacrifice the right to carry a gun because of a few idiots on the duck pond? I realize these guys sprayed these guys, but c'mon. Two wrongs arent going to fix this.
    Think about this one a bit more...

Default obituary of mr Common sense

Slow learners need a good whoopin so you get their attention, I agree with Full Curl .. its not worth getting a record and losing your gun rights to pound on these bozo's.. its a different world now. Years ago things like this were handled without a cop always showing up to haul not only the bad guys away, but the fellow that is just plane fed up with stupids.

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Mr. Common Sense.
    Mr. Sense had been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old

he was since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape.

He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as knowing when to come in out of the rain, why the early bird gets the worm and that life

isn't always fair. Common Sense lived by simple, sound, financial policies

(don't spend more than you earn) and reliable parenting strategies (adults, not

kids, are in charge).

His health began to rapidly deteriorate when well intentioned, but overbearing regulations were set in place...

- Reports of a six-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate;

- teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch;

- and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student

... only worsened his condition.

Mr. Sense declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer aspirin to a student, but could not inform the parents

when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Finally, Common Sense lost the will to live as the Ten Commandments became contraband; churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims.

Common Sense finally gave up the ghost after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot, she spilled a bit in her lap, and was awarded a

huge financial settlement.

Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents, Truth and Trust, his

wife, Discretion; his daughter, Responsibility; and his son, Reason.

He is survived by two stepbrothers; My Rights and Ima Whiner.
    Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone.
    When you come to a fork in the trail, take it!

Rentals for Canoes, Kayaks, Rafts, boats serving the Kenai canoe trail system and the Kenai river for over 15 years. www.alaskacanoetrips.com

Thumbs up

Yes getting sprayed in a heavily hunted area can be common. I agree. However we don't know the whole situation. Did those guys know you were there? Or were they just running and gunning John Wayne style?

Call it Cyber Courage and yeah you would go to jail IF CAUGHT. I still like sinking the boat idea.

Angry Mad As Hell

Can't get caught if no ones left alive to tell
    Anyway there has been a lot of BS going down out there. (flats)
    this year, and it needs to stop. Or it won't be long and no one will be hunting out there. Not sure if any of you know this but there are people that would love to close the flats to hunting. Just look at all the big houses across the way.(They have tryed) All they need to do is get it closed to the use of motors and then see how much fun it will be. We had a few things go down on the rabbit slough side. Even had a guy taken away in handcuffs.
    Diden't get to see it but guess he had been drinking while he was hunting
    then plowed into a friend of mine on the slough. Beer cans all over. Also some vandalizem to top it off. And thats just the one case. I won't bore you all with the rest of the things that I know going on out there.
    Now let's knock it off and play nice save the <crap> for the parking lot.
    OH and Pass the word will ya.Or we might find our selves all packed together at some place like mud lake or goose bay or hell even 20 mile.
    <deleted> BONEHEADS. and you know who you are!
    Refer to my first sentence
    Last edited by Webmaster; 10-19-2006 at 09:32. Reason: Inappropriate language. See forum FAQ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast