Thread: Slicking bolt, safety

Default Slicking bolt, safety

I just bought a hawkeye 338 stainless and the bolt isn't too bad, but a bit rough. The safety is pretty stiff and rough and I'd like to slick them both up before I head to Kodiak at the end of April. Anybody have any suggestions? Especially for the safety. THanks

Btw, the new trigger on those hawkeys is pretty nice. A lot better than what I expected.

Abe

I had the same problem when my Ruger was new. I just worked the action and the saftey until they got "broke in". Sit down to watch a little TV tonight and work the action a few hundred times and the same with the safety and you're gold.

Quote Originally Posted by abe henderson View Post
    I just bought a hawkeye 338 stainless and the bolt isn't too bad, but a bit rough. The safety is pretty stiff and rough and I'd like to slick them both up before I head to Kodiak at the end of April. Anybody have any suggestions? Especially for the safety. THanks

Btw, the new trigger on those hawkeys is pretty nice. A lot better than what I expected.

Abe
    http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to/vi...e-258796/view/

try this video for an easy disassembly......use the jb paste as i described in my pm.
    happy trails.
    jh