Thread: Finger Lake Hotspots?

Default Finger Lake Hotspots?

I am looking for some tips on Finger lake. First time for me on this lake, actually first time I've been ice fishing without some group hosting. Any help, GPS coordinates, honey holes, secrets, I'll take 'em all. Thanks.

Default Try

...the south side of the island by the elks lodge. Fish with eggs and shrimp of miscelaneous flavors and colors. Theres nothing secret about the spot, as there is always other people there. Thats where I go when i'm there.
    Ryan from Wasilla

look for blood on the ice
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Thanks guys, got a lead and gonna be on the ice today.

You won't have any trouble catching fish.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Well, caught a few little ones and got blown off after a few hours. Try cutting 5 holes in nearly 4 feet of ice with a hand auger. Went to Knik and cut 4 more. That gas auger is looking better and better. Not a very good day fishing but a beautiful day to be out.

When I got all my icefishing gear I was looking at getting a hand auger. Then my fatherinlaw told me don't be cheap you've got an ice tent and all the gear splurge and get the gas one. After you punch a hole or two with the hand auger you'll throw that away. Well I got the gas auger and can have a hole in about 20 seconds. I guess he was right after all.

Quote Originally Posted by fozz View Post
    When I got all my icefishing gear I was looking at getting a hand auger. Then my fatherinlaw told me don't be cheap you've got an ice tent and all the gear splurge and get the gas one. After you punch a hole or two with the hand auger you'll throw that away. Well I got the gas auger and can have a hole in about 20 seconds. I guess he was right after all.
    Yah, imagine having to 'manually' drill a hole through 3+ feet of ice...NO THANKS!