Thread: pics of float hunt

Default pics of float hunt

Here is a couple pics of one of our float hunts.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

www.arcticconcealment.com

Default couple more

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Default nasty portage

Thanks for posting the pics man. Wish we saw more of that on the rafting forum. Nice bou!
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Default good job

I love looking at pics. That jam looks like a gnarly one, especially in a loaded raft.
    Nice boo, MO

Default BTW

Where's your LIFE JACKET?

What kind of raft is that?

Also wondering why life jackets are not being worn, especially around the log jam?

Default Yea

That river was class 4 in places. In others it was class 1 for miles. we shed our life jackets on the mellow areas. I had mine on when I hit a sweeper and was knocked out of the boat. I hung up on the sweeper. After geting myself off the sweeper my waders filled makeing swiming dificult. I washed up about 150 yards dounstream on a gravel bar were my partner had stoped the boat. It was a great trip.
    That is a SOAR Levitator. It is one bad ass boat.
    Here is a couple more.

Great pics......... thanks for sharing em...........And wear a pfd ONLY if u feel like it. Pretty soon you'll have to wear one by law ...and shortly therafter someone with one on will get killed on the river and then you won't be allowed to float either......Sheeeze...don't you know YOU COULD GET KILLED DOING THAT!

Get out of our life, do-gooders.

Default hard to catch

If PFD was law they would sure have had there hands full catching me. I was quite a ways off the beaten path.

Default 12 volt atv battery

Wolfkiller pumping a big boat somewhat sucks suggest you might consider picking up a high volume low pressure electric pump, dry box small and a 12 Volt ATV type battery for your next fly in. Makes for a quick pump and go. We sent a couple out this year with 18ft cats nothing but positive comments from out renters. I have a set up at the shop for people take a look at if your interested in seeing it. No Sales pitch just a better idea.

Nice Pics thanks for sharing!

Blue Mose

I'm another fan of battery powered pumps. I have some cheap little thing that takes 4 D cells, so it's only 6 volts, and rather slow. But it still beats pumping by hand. They're small enough to take on all but the most restricted weight fly in trips.

I always wear a PFD on the water, and never take it off while on the boat. It's not a law, just a good idea. I wore a seat belt before it was a requirement, and a helmet when riding a motorcycle too. That last one saved my life a few years ago.

BTW, when doing private (or commercial) raft trips in the Grand Canyon, the Park Service does require a PFD any time you are floating. They give $200 tickets to violators. Interestingly, almost all water related deaths in the Canyon are not when people are floating, but when they are walking/standing along the bank, fall down, bang their head and drown. PFD's save lives.

Default I like the looks of the levitator

Killer looking trip and boat!,

p.s. I am with Jim on this. I knew a few folks that drowned without a PFD (seriously), but I know way more that have had knarly swims with a PFD and are still with us, including myself. Natural selection is a *****. somthing to ponder.