Thread: John Deere Buck ATV

Default John Deere Buck ATV

Has anyone seen or rode one of these before.....comments?

http://www.deere.com/en_US/ProductCa...O&cNbr=HO_UATV

It is the old Bombardier Traxter. They sold them to JD a while back. Look for owners of the old traxter. My opinion is they do fill a need in the market. The step thru seat is nice for some folks and if you don't like it a storage bag will fit in the space. They are easy to work on and have lots of storage. A little dated, but still an okay wheeler for most things.

So basically this is the old Can Ams that everyone is raving about?

Bombardier quit selling them and sold the Traxter and Quest atv's to Deere a few years ago. Yes you may find some of these with different colors and the Can-Am name, but that is only because they were still on dealers floors and when they brought the Can-Am name back the dealers were required to slap Can-Am stickers on them. I believe the last time BRP dealers had the Traxter was in '05. After that they are sold by JD. I wouldn't say anybody ever raved about the Traxter, but they were okay machines. I believe the machines you're talking about is the Outlander model. Not much chatter on the original two models.

I just had the chance to come along a 500 buck for cheap.

I wonder just how much difference there is between the JD and the newer Outlander? I think what kept the Traxster down was the styling, with the step-thru, was a little to radical a change. The Ute market is a pretty conservative bunch I think.
    Mike
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org
    There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.

Default traxter XT 500

Great bike for WORK or play if you don't like to go 75 miles and hour in the streaches. Still goes 50 mph and it's great on gas. Will outperform any brand when it comes to working . Made strong and durable. Heaviest in its weight class and low centre of gravity for a reason. Great at climbing inclines because of geering. Only negative so far was to add a rear winch and the stock tires.The tires are now replaced with 26 front and 27 rear mudlights. Next tires will be 27 front and 28 rears since the gearing is so low and it doesn't affect the overall speed that much (2 mph or so). But what a difference in the mud and rough trails. If your looking for a strong workhorse this bike is tops.
    Proud owner of a 2004 traxter xt 500
    Just my 2 cents
    Rick