Thread: Glock-Shed some light

Default Glock-Shed some light

I just purchased a used Glock 22. I have heard about a generation 1 and a generation 3 model. What is the differance and how can you tell?

Generation 3 will have finger grooves and a rail for a light. Generation 1 will have neither.

Jon
    Nurse by night, Alaska adventurer by day!

Jon,

THANKS for the quicky! I saw the light groove but didn't know that that is what seperates'em.

Thanks again.

see forAK, now there's the problem. You bought a Glock

Should've bought an XD

Glocks are incredible guns. Got a 35 a few years back and recently got the 27. Fantastic guns and I am sure you will enjoy yours. Keep it clean and get some good leather.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Dan which one is the 35?

Good question as I was wonder the same. I have been eyeing an the 36 which is slim line 45, for my own carrying.

Do they make a slim line 40?

Quote Originally Posted by WaterWolf View Post
    Dan which one is the 35?

Good question as I was wonder the same. I have been eyeing an the 36 which is slim line 45, for my own carrying.

Do they make a slim line 40?
    The G35 is the .40 S&W 5" pistol usually used for competition. Glock currently does not make a single stack pistol in .40 S&W. The smallest and thinnest you'll get is the G27.

Thanks scatter I appreciate the info. I kida like the slim line because its just darn comfortable in my hand over the double stacks, but let me look into the 27.

Thanks again,

Near same grip size on the 35 and 27. 35 holds 15 and the 27 hold 10. Both are .40's and are incredible guns. But the 35 is nothing you want to carry. The 27 is perfect for that, but the 35 is huge in comparison. Maybe three times the size of the 35. The 27 would make a very slick concealed carry gun or a gun. Perfect for carrying in the car or anywhere else as well.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Thanks Dan thats why I was partial to the 36, was because of the width, but I think it and the 27 are only .03 of inch difference, so might check them both out closely.

Quote Originally Posted by Water_Gremlin View Post
    see forAK, now there's the problem. You bought a Glock

Should've bought an XD
    yeah, yeah Got a smok'in deal on it. I was actually looking for a XD. Our duty weapon used to be the 17. Shot it for years then we went to the HK. The 17 was a phenominal weapon, never had any issues like we have with the HK. Anyway, still looking for a decent priced XD

Quote Originally Posted by WaterWolf View Post
    Thanks Dan thats why I was partial to the 36, was because of the width
    I have shot the Glock 36 and found the recoil and muzzle flip to be a lot more than I expected. It was way more than my Glock 29 with full house 10mm loads. The slim profile is good for concealment, but follow up shots are a lot more difficult than the Glock 29/30 platform, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostfree View Post
    I have shot the Glock 36 and found the recoil and muzzle flip to be a lot more than I expected. It was way more than my Glock 29 with full house 10mm loads. The slim profile is good for concealment, but follow up shots are a lot more difficult than the Glock 29/30 platform, in my opinion.
    Good advice,
    The 36 is also very sensitive to a limp-wrist or weak grip. I loved to carry mine but I have bad thumbs, and I couldn't carry a gun that I knew would stovepipe if not gripped just-right. I traded the 36 and got the 30, the extra slide-weight makes the 30 a lot more forgiving, I can't make it jam.

Pearce grip extensions are a worthwhile expense for the small Glocks, I have them on my 30 and my 26, it is amazing the difference a pinky-finger can make! Follow-ups are a lot quicker for me with the extensions.

Happy shooting
    -J