Thread: Brooks Range Aviation

Default Brooks Range Aviation

I am interested in using Brooks Range Aviation this August. They will not give me any referances. Has anyone used them?

Default BRA

GTG, one of the best out there. For an air taxi

Yep, definitley one of the better air services in Alaska! I wouldn't hesitate using them again.

I have used them several times.

Thumbs up BRA

I have used used Brooks Range Aviation before and....
    1) the airplanes ain't beautifully painted, but they are mechanically excellent.
    2) your pilots jacket will be old and oily, but your pilot has a lifetime of safe flying.
    (And I like this next point most of all...)
    3) One time I called for air transport and he told me he could not and would not be able to meet my needs. Think about it.....he could have said anything to secure my dollars, but he was already booked solid and would not "overbook" his flying schedule. (Shame on me for not calling sooner.)
    I would not hesitate to call Brooks Range Aviation for either a personal or a professional hunt.
    Call him up!

Dennis
    AK TAGS

I love their Otter, it reminded me of the pictures I saw in the old Outdoor life magazines when they ran their Alaska hunting stories. We flew on that beast in 07 and talk about a mover and shaker!! First time I ever flew in one of those and i'd do it again in a heartbeat!!

They are among the most reputable bush services in the state. You will have a hard time finding better.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Just sent in my deposit check to fly with BRA this August. So far they have been really good to work with. Pleasant and helpfull to speak with over the phone and very quick to respond to emails. Hopefully the great service keeps up all the way through the end of the hunt.

Default References?

Quote Originally Posted by augwinter View Post
    I am interested in using Brooks Range Aviation this August. They will not give me any referances. Has anyone used them?
    Can't see why they would not give any references but these comments should be more than any reference sheet. I often wonder about the posted references anyway; the outfitter gets to pick them. Brooks must be great.

Default Use the google

you'll see lots of opinions.

A question for you guys who have flown with BRA - How far east will they go?

Thanks.

Wink

I'd give them a good reference if I could only figure out how to post. Every time I hit "enter" it erases my message. I'll try again.

I have chartered their flight service in the past and found it to be excellent and safe. I also rented a SOAR inflatable and bought stove fuel and food from them. I would not hesistate to use their services again, which I hope is soon.

rainydayhunter

Quote Originally Posted by Chisana View Post
    A question for you guys who have flown with BRA - How far east will they go?

Thanks.
    Send them an e-mail and ask them, that's what I usually do when I need to ask them about a spot. http://brooksrange.com/